Official Vikings Season 3 Thread

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I can't wait til this new season drop so I can throw that boring ass Black Sails into the bushes.

Muzion

All Star
Daps
Can't believe this show is universally praised around here. Started watching it off the strength of this thread and IMDB's high rating, but found it way overrated. Lack of budget isn't synonymous with spotty pacing and weak character development. If this weren't a show about Vikings nobody would be watching this. There are no more than 3 interesting characters (Ragnar, his brother, and Floki), as they ruined the priest toward season's end. Addressing the Vikings' faith is interesting, but it's all they ever talk about. They could have used this time so we could get to know a couple more characters.

This is way below Spartacus, hopefully with a bigger budget it will get better in the second season. The IGN is pretty much spot on.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/05/02/vikings-season-1-review

Daps
Reppin
Charlotte, North Carolina
Can't believe this show is universally praised around here. Started watching it off the strength of this thread and IMDB's high rating, but found it way overrated. Lack of budget isn't synonymous with spotty pacing and weak character development. If this weren't a show about Vikings nobody would be watching this. There are no more than 3 interesting characters (Ragnar, his brother, and Floki), as they ruined the priest toward season's end. Addressing the Vikings' faith is interesting, but it's all they ever talk about. They could have used this time so we could get to know a couple more characters.

This is way below Spartacus, hopefully with a bigger budget it will get better in the second season. The IGN is pretty much spot on.

nikka JUST WAIT UNTIL THIS SEASON

BIGGER BUDGET, MORE fukkERY, AND LOTS MORE fukkING UP BRITISH nikkaS

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps

the wife if you want to call her that was an interesting character to me

as i said before i only cared to watched the show when they were looting and plundering

Muzion

All Star
Daps
the wife if you want to call her that was an interesting character to me

as i said before i only cared to watched the show when they were looting and plundering
My thing is she's decent but would get a better opportunity to shine with better writing. It's interesting to watch Vikings looting and plundering, but things got boring with the lack of intrigue and not very complex characters. If you're not gonna show blood and t*ts, you better give your actors something to do and good dialogue. Maybe they haven't figured it out because they're barbarians and can't make them too smart. They had their moments but I expected more from Vikings.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

your a hater out of all teh trash on tv you throw dirt on vikings? the show is great esp for being a history channel show, Of course it is way below spartacus, the budget for spartacus was massive, and was much more violent and it was on a premium cable channel so they could do whatever.

Muzion

All Star
Daps
your a hater out of all teh trash on tv you throw dirt on vikings? the show is great esp for being a history channel show, Of course it is way below spartacus, the budget for spartacus was massive, and was much more violent and it was on a premium cable channel so they could do whatever.
I wouldn't be hating had there been a couple haters in this thread and a 7.2 rating on IMDB. This is a decent show in need of better writing. The same goes for TWD but at least the highs were much higher. Spartacus surprisingly became great, Vikings had promise and went nowhere.

69 others

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
my man basically read the ign review and came over here and paraphrased it trying to sound intelligent

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I wouldn't be hating had there been a couple haters in this thread and a 7.2 rating on IMDB. This is a decent show in need of better writing. The same goes for TWD but at least the highs were much higher. Spartacus surprisingly became great, Vikings had promise and went nowhere.

i remember when i first started watching spartacus it wa skind of boring, the cgi was :scusthov: and it was kind of boring, but it gained on me and it is on my mt rushmore of tv shows.

for being on teh history channel vikings was great, and i expect much better things now. it alrad yhad a 40 million budget for season 1 so history did invest in it