Official Trump Insurrection Rally 1/6/21 Fukkery, NY Probe, DOJ Probe & Georgia Probe Thread!

DrDealgood

Superstar
Daps
I just read up on it, he don’t have to be convicted in order to be barred from office.. They would take a separate vote with a simple majority

I only had time to look at one source but it agreed with you, so I hope you're right. It may get fought out in the courts though and would go all the way to SCOTUS if so, and even though they mostly left the election fukkery alone I can't trust BeerBoy Kavanaugh, Amy Covid Barrett and the rest of them nikkas :scust:

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
stephanie ruhle looking like she on heat on msnbc, someone need to give this old bytch some dikk :mjlol:.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin

full
"Long Island resident. LONGTIME TRUMP VOTER. Number one is not bad, decent even! NUMBER TWO? WOOF! UGLY. She looks like a POTATO! Give Rosie O'Donnell her number. TRUMP HATES POTATOES and not even with Ketchup, which goes GREAT on steaks!"

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
I just read up on it, he don’t have to be convicted in order to be barred from office.. They would take a separate vote with a simple majority

I only had time to look at one source but it agreed with you, so I hope you're right. It may get fought out in the courts though and would go all the way to SCOTUS if so, and even though they mostly left the election fukkery alone I can't trust BeerBoy Kavanaugh, Amy Covid Barrett and the rest of them nikkas :scust:
I just looked it up. The only reasonable way to block Trump from future federal office is through conviction then barring.

Barring Trump without an impeachment conviction would take years, would be controversial and potentially dangerous because it could then be used against ANY president (Republicans could end up getting back power and retaliating against a Democratic president).

So basically, no dice :manny:

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
If the senate fail to convict on needing 67 senators can Trump still be barred from future office with a simple majority vote? Or would he have to convicted first?

The most talked about would be to convict him, then hold that vote (there aren't enough Trumpanzees to disavow their leader). Isn't there another way that's been talked about to bar him from running for office using the 14th amendment that would be simple majority?