Official Trump Insurrection Rally 1/6/21 Fukkery, NY Probe, DOJ Probe & Georgia Probe Thread!

Payday23

Superstar
Daps
Also if anyone thinks Garland is going to rock the DC power boat they're mistaken.

Instead, the Republican senator suggested the president name a replacement for fired FBI Director James Comey who could get Democratic support in the Senate, which would have to confirm Trump’s nominee to a 10-year term.

“Instead of a special prosecutor, @realDonaldTrump should nominate Merrick Garland to replace James Comey,” Lee tweeted.

While the tweet is seemingly facetious, a Lee spokesman said the senator raised the prospect with the White House on Wednesday. The reception by White House staff was mixed.

“I think it has some advantages to it because as you point out this is someone who has a lot of bona fides as a prosecutor,” Lee told Fox News in an interview later Thursday. “This is a prosecutor’s prosecutor, and he’s someone who’s got likely allies as a potential FBI director nominee in both political parties.

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's been the plan so far given the federal crimes Trump has been linked to. Merrick the Meek doesn't want to be political. Trump will skate again.

Just to play devil's advocate.

The DOJ has one shot at this because this would be the biggest circus on the planet and will cause major civil unrest. They have to be waiting for a slam dunk. Being able to charge him with 1/6 crimes and win would be worth the maga violence.

I wouldn't want to risk riots over some obstruction charges.

Payday23

Superstar
Daps
Just to play devil's advocate.

The DOJ has one shot at this because this would be the biggest circus on the planet and will cause major civil unrest. They have to be waiting for a slam dunk. Being able to charge him with 1/6 crimes and win would be worth the maga violence.

I wouldn't want to risk riots over some obstruction charges.
True, but a republican POTUS would pardon him immediately in 2025. Maybe Trump himself.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
lol politically toxic. there is not a fukkin thing a Republican can do that would be seen as politically toxic to the base except for maybe... i don't know, the right thing? they'd absolutely love pardoning traitors. said pardoned person would immediately be the biggest right wing celebrity.