Official Tokyo 2021 Olympics thread

Megadeus

Superstar
Daps
:francis: Same thing happened to me first time I ran the 800m. Gotta have that rear spatial awareness.

I was 15 though. He should know better :ufdup:

Civilisé

Rookie
Daps
Some individual athletes who are caught doping is different from the state-sponsored systematic doping that Russia did - that's why they were "banned".

Canada has a bad doping history too but that's still not same thing as what Russia did.

The US is just as bad as China and Russia. Include the UK too (tracks and cycling in particular).

The difference? China and Russia are super centralized countries that can organize state doping. The US and the UK are more federal and highly privatized countries; their doping programs are done through private clinics, sport centers, universities, "camp" (Nike Oregon). It's not as organized as Russia, but probably as spread. Which makes it harder to detect. The number of British medals at London 2012 for example was outrageous. But "China bad"...

Other difference, the US have more influence on international institutions and regulations. They can act as the policemen in the backstage.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Damn shame :snoop:

She was the one that won her heat yesterday right?
Yes, she won her heat yesterday. But now she's out of the entire Olympics.

The US is just as bad as China and Russia. Include the UK too (tracks and cycling in particular).

The difference? China and Russia are super centralized countries that can organize state doping. The US and the UK are more federal and highly privatized countries; their doping programs are done through private clinics, sport centers, universities, "camp" (Nike Oregon). It's not as organized as Russia, but probably as spread. Which makes it harder to detect. The number of British medals at London 2012 for example was outrageous. But "China bad"...

Other difference, the US have more influence on international institutions and regulations. They can act as the policemen in the backstage.
OK buddy. Whatever you say.