Official thread on Michael Bay's TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES movie

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Meh I'll still wait till I see it to pass judgement. the origin thing doesn't bug me though :yeshrug:. I've seen enough turtle adaptations where the origin has been changed in one way or another, either through Splinter being a man or being a rat who turned into a man, or Splinter having a family and the turtles possibly being a reincarnation of that family or Karai being Splinter's daughter and April having Krang blood. :manny:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Bay won't stop until he destroys every single piece of our childhoods.

Ok I need to ask and I'm not being a dikk when I ask this (not even a little I promise) but every time I see this phrase I hit the :why: face because it really does confuse me. How is this or anything similar destroying our childhoods if we can still go back and watch or read whatever piece of our childhoods that meant something to us? If I don't like his transformers, I can not watch it, put on the 80s cartoon or the 80s movie and be content. If I don't like this version of turtles, there are three cartoons I can watch, four movies and a live action show and on the real, turtles 3 and turtles the next mutation were garbage anyway. So let's not act like the turtles were treated with such care by studios in the past, and the sheer fact that the 80s cartoon is in no way shape or form similar to the original incarnation of the turtles, one could argue that they were ruined the minute they showed up on TV

jdashmaj

Sixers/Bulls Fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey in a new jersey
Ok I need to ask and I'm not being a dikk when I ask this (not even a little I promise) but every time I see this phrase I hit the :why: face because it really does confuse me. How is this or anything similar destroying our childhoods if we can still go back and watch or read whatever piece of our childhoods that meant something to us? If I don't like his transformers, I can not watch it, put on the 80s cartoon or the 80s movie and be content. If I don't like this version of turtles, there are three cartoons I can watch, four movies and a live action show and on the real, turtles 3 and turtles the next mutation were garbage anyway. So let's not act like the turtles were treated with such care by studios in the past, and the sheer fact that the 80s cartoon is in no way shape or form similar to the original incarnation of the turtles, one could argue that they were ruined the minute they showed up on TV
:yeshrug: everything this man said is true

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

True stuff, breh,:ehh: but the post wasn't that serious. Most people aren't when they use that phrase.

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
I thought nothing could be worse than part 3.......... I hope that remains true..

Because the sounds of this movie so far.............. :sadcam:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
True stuff, breh,:ehh: but the post wasn't that serious. Most people aren't when they use that phrase.

Breh I've seen people be dead serious when they say that and will get into with anyone who dare disagree. That shyt just boggles my mind. Especially when I read "rape my childhood". :camby: With that garbage. Not to you breh but people with that shyt who really mean it and get so passionate about it. As a fan I'm a little blown Vernon is in this flick but I know there are fans who love that