Official THOR: RAGNAROK Thread

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Meh, CG does improve some from trailer to release but there have been plenty of times where what you see in the trailer is basically what you'll see in the theater. The art style is the art style, a scene of fully green screen effects will be a scene of green screen effects. And it it looks plasticky/PS4 cut screen here, it'll probably look plasticky/PS4 cut screen in the movie.

I do expect Hulk to look a little better come release.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
As far as the CGI we go through this with literally every Marvel movie. The early "Civil War" footage looked rough as fukk, too. Especially the scene where CGI Black Panther tackles TWS to the ground after the highway chase scene.

Fred.

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
Ouch

Speak fo yourself most ppl are anticipating infinity wars/panther over this:mjpls:
Haven't seen a trailer for Black Panther or Infinity War yet.:manny:
My biggest fear for Infinity war is the possible p*ssyfication of Thanos. However, I am pretty sure once the trailer for Black Panther comes I'm going to be hyped.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If it's in the trailer it's fair game for people to say if it looks bad on not as far as I'm concerned. That's one of the reasons I hate that studios release trailers with unpolished CGI.

Yes, some films end up having much better CGI than in trailers, but we've also seen some films where the CGI is just as bad as it looked in the trailer. We also end up with scenes missing from the final film that had good CGI in the trailers.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
If it's in the trailer it's fair game for people to say if it looks bad on not as far as I'm concerned. That's one of the reasons I hate that studios release trailers with unpolished CGI.

Yes, some films end up having much better CGI than in trailers, but we've also seen some films where the CGI is just as bad as it looked in the trailer. We also end up with scenes missing from the final film that had good CGI in the trailers.

That Civil War intro sequence

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
As far as the CGI we go through this with literally every Marvel movie. The early "Civil War" footage looked rough as fukk, too. Especially the scene where CGI Black Panther tackles TWS to the ground after the highway chase scene.

Fred.
Surprisingly the final footage was shaky in some parts, specifically the opening fight. The editing for the fight in the foyer with Tony, Bucky, and Widow was rough too, though that wasn't really a CG issue.