Official The Suicide Squad Thread

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I really hate the box office argument. Thats always the go to talking point, doesn't mean a movie is good.

shyt movies make money all the time...i.e. Suicide Squad.
I feel you but how else do you judge a movie is universally good?

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There's no real answer for this but just because a lot of people drop money on something doesn't automatically make it good.

How do we know if something is good? How do we know if it liked by the vast majority?

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
How do we know if something is good? How do we know if it liked by the vast majority?
:gucci:

Watch it and determine for yourself. If people agree, great, if not, fukk it. Its all opinion but just because a bunch of people flock to it or it makes a gang of money doesn't mean its great by default.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Watch it and determine for yourself. If people agree, great, if not, fukk it. Its all opinion but just because a bunch of people flock to it or it makes a gang of money doesn't mean its great by default.

As a producer how do I know to make more or something like that for the people.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
There's no real answer for this but just because a lot of people drop money on something doesn't automatically make it good.
Usually if a movie has poor WOM it has trouble in week 2, 3, 4.. it falls off a cliff. A movie like Suicide Squad had a huge opening weekend and then average legs which would indicate there was a ton of interest but then a mixed reaction to follow.

Aquaman, however, had very small drops week to week and is still going which would indicate that most people loved it.

Not a fool proof system but that's how a lot of studios look at these things.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC

Exactly. The same people touting numbers fall all the way the fukk back when you apply that same logic to another medium, like music. :MauryORly:

Guess Drake really has been the GOAT all these years. Just look at the numbers. :CrooningAristotle: