Official The Harder They Fall Thread

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Yo, am I bugging but did anyone peep the symbolism. "Nat" Nat Turner "Buck" Black Buck or am I reaching?

Those were their real names. Rufus Buck, Nat Love, Cherokee Bill (he was part Cherokee), Stagecoach Mary, Treacherous Trudy Smith, Bass Reeves (REAL Lone Ranger)

It was good...very entertaining, but not a classic. They could've benefited by not going over-the-top with the blood, or giving it the dusty retro feel.

Also, with the plot, since it is fictionalized, I would've loved it had they all been in together on some "Stick it to the white man" ish. And whatever happened to the Bass Reeves major we were supposed to get?

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
How does it compare against the GOAT Tombstone?

Ehhh...It's more Magnificent Seven remake, than Tombstone. It's somewhere between that and underrated Cherokee Kid (HBO - with Sinbad). The good thing is that it's nowhere near Posse. But I'm definitely not gonna list it among the best Westerns.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
Ehhh...It's more Magnificent Seven remake, than Tombstone. It's somewhere between that and underrated Cherokee Kid (HBO - with Sinbad). The good thing is that it's nowhere near Posse. But I'm definitely not gonna list it among the best Westerns.

Interesting take...will check it out....but I got cheese factor from the trailer and I'm a western fan

JulesWinfield

TheBrehdrenMovement
Daps
Absolutely loved this movie. Been waiting for this for a while. I just wish they would have used some of the same actors from They Die By Dawn. Imagine if Erykah Badu reprised her role as Stagecoach Mary! Obviously doesn't have the acting chops of Zazie but she killed that role in the short version of this.

Swing

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Great movie, superb acting, dope music.

The only complaint I have is
the scene where Cuffee kills Cherokee Bill was very underwhelming, should have been longer and more detailed. Both characters, Cherokee Bill and Cuffee deserved it.

28 Gramz

How U Luv That???
Daps
Reppin
Tre-4,North Carolina
Absolutely loved this movie. Been waiting for this for a while. I just wish they would have used some of the same actors from They Die By Dawn. Imagine if Erykah Badu reprised her role as Stagecoach Mary! Obviously doesn't have the acting chops of Zazie but she killed that role in the short version of this.

I kept thinking about Badu whenever she was on the screen.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
I really liked this.

-going to start with a minor gripe...Zazie wasn't all that good in this to me. but she wasn't bad either.
-i liked pretty much everything else
-I like that Cherokee Bill kind of portrayed himself one way, but really he was just the type of dude to shoot you in the back
-I like how Bass Reeves basically took no Ls, and he pretty much told Nat "yeah i brought in Rufus by myself :youngsabo:"
-Trudy being damn near the equal or better to Rufus was a good touch in setting up a sequel.
-Wiley Escoe died on some comedic shyt :dead:
-i don't know why but it was funny to me when Rufus was like "YOU A BUCK :birdman:" at the end talking to Nat. :mjlol:

Egomaniacal1

Director of the Federal Bureau of Instigation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Martin, TN
Ok I finished this off last night and it’s definitely not a classic. Still a good movie I just didn’t like the campy action at the end, dudes just walking down Main Street blind shooting nikkas in windows but not getting hit at all. I also didn’t like how the quick draw plot resolved itself. Was so disappointed with that, like that’s how Jimmy going out??

I didn’t know Jeymes produced the soundtrack. No wonder it was music blaring every 5 minutes in this.

I did enjoy the twist and I almost think if they do a sequel...

Trudy could be a Buck too right? I mean they never directly show her and Rufus being romantically or sexually engaged. I’m thinking they would have put more dialogue in to suggest to ppl putting it together later, that she knows Nat is her brother when he shows up...so I could be wrong.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Deon Cole acted his ass off. Him, Jim, and Cherokee Bill were the highlights to me.

Am I the only one that felt like the music was trying too hard?
I was impressed with Deon Cole. He has a distinct voice and cadence, so I was surprised to see him switch his voice up to fit the role.

When I saw his name on the opening credits I expected him to play a comic relief role. It's cool to see that he has some range.