Official The Expanse Thread

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finished season 4. So this is a Amazon show now? Im not sure how much of an upgrade this is, the show seems slightly more gory but the season was a hell of a lot shorter.

Gotta say this was the weakest season by far. Did this show go off the rails of the book too? On top of the season being shorter, the Illus plot just felt like a waste of time with a bunch of throwaway characters. Outside of last second protomolecule fukkery and Avarsharala's arc it feels like the plot barely moved after season 3 expanded the universe.

The character interactions were the high point of this season. Ashford carried the belter scenes. Bobbie's growing disillusionment with the dream of Mars was a deep plotline. Naomi grew on me too, she's so wholesome. i forgive her for the fukkery seeing as Drummer usurped her for worst decision in the series.

Top 5 characters

1. Bobbie: The 180 from dutiful Martian to cynical criminal was very well done. Having krishna as a friend was a lifeline she needed.
2. Holden: Ay I really fukks with how my nikka becomes more of a boss each season. Throwing his weight around and saving these stupid space fukks from themselves.
3. Amos: Bruh is Harlem certified now. :myman: Still an encyclopedia of great quotes.
4. Avarsharala: This bytch has a venom tongue, her dialogue scenes are just :ohlawd: sometimes. Indian Lady Olenna.
5. Ashford (Rip): He had some savage ass scenes and wholesome moments too. Took him a while to grow on me. One of the few OPA members with a brain.

WOATS

First 3 spots reserved for OPA off top. :martin: Outta Pocket Always
4. Drummer: dumb bytch makes the worst decision in the universe sparing Marco. shyt got Ashford killed. Seemed like every episode afterward someone was telling her between the lines how badly she fukked up and she keeps justifying it.....then she just quits:gucci: fukk this hoe
5. The villian dude for this season on Illus. Blanked his name but duke was just a true a$$hole. He got a classic villian face, looks like Norman Osborne from Spiderman 1.:yeshrug:

Onward to season 5. Can't believe im almost caught up. :wow: what a journey

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
There was no getting around how drug out some of season 4 was going to be. It was always gonna be that way - and if they didn't focus so much time on that colony woman and her family they probably could've done better with the time.

Naomi is 100% :mjlol: since season 1 though for sure. And the villain was actually dope :ehh: dude was hitting Holden with those bars at the end too - had the protagonist fukked up fr with that "people like you come to the frontier AFTER people like me"

Ashford is the GOAT space pirate on TV for me too. I think he would've iced anyone but it just had to be Filip in the cut :mjcry:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps

said the finale had some of the best space battles put to screen earlier and people starting to agree :wow: i didn't even catch all of the small work done in that railgun shot

Yeah I had to run that shyt back a couple of times to fully understand it. I appreciate the show sticking to their rules and not hand hold.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finished season 5

I gotta say while Amazon upgraded the gore, im really not feeling these short ass seasons. Did the books give them so little to work with?

Like most of S4 was wasted on camp drama, Naomi's scenes tearfully murming "Phillip PLZ!!!!" kinda dragged on too much. I feel hella sympathy for her though. The scene where she was calling for help on comms was tough to watch. And the one where she is freefalling through space was super uncomfortable but a brilliantly shot scene.

WTF was with Alex and Fred dying like that tho?:dwillhuh: Especially Alex, nikka practically died offscreen, I had to rewind the episode twice. And they got this janitor looking nikka replacing him and sipping out his cup?! :damn: Did they catch Alex storming the capital or something?

Marco is one of the best villians yet, dude is the living personification of the Outta Pocket Always energy, of course the OPA would rally under this dikkhead.

Avasharala's arc was cool. We dont get any inner earth politics and this was a flip to see her framed as less popular and possibly clinging to power for power's sake. Really cool to have her reflect on that notion herself as she steps down. Even though I agreed with her and thought the gao chick was short sighted, it was such a mature theme to take on. The burdens of leadership. Oh well, that Gao chick died anyway, right?

Alex meeting jaded Bobbie on mars was a great subplot to me too. Alex like :dahell: reuniting with the model martian as she fell into a life of scamming and cynicism. Now she's avasharala's offical hitta:win:

The Baltimore shyt was a nice detour into Amos past but feels uneventful in hindsight outside of the meh addition of Peaches.

Top 5

1. Bobbie the GOAT
2. Holden: bosses up more every season, i like seeing him check mfs now
3. Amos: still trill and he getting hoes. Bruh has me ctfu trying to smash avasharala
4. Avasharala: queen of giving people stacks
5. Alex: *pours one out for the redneck indian*

Bottom 5

1 & 2. OPA: these nikkas seriously have the worst taste in leaders. Worse than Republicans
3. Marco: The quintessential OPA member, fukking up the universe for no discernible reason
4. Drummer: Jesus, the decision to let Marco go had so much worse implications than just Ashford getting killed.
5. Phillip: respect ya momma you little shyt

Overall this is is a great show and an interesting well built universe. I can see myself being a :mjpls: earther clowning them spaghetti legged space pussies for not being able to handle a little gravity.

Hope season 6 comes soon

Last edited:

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Finished season 5

I gotta say while Amazon upgraded the gore, im really not feeling these short ass seasons. Did the books give them so little to work with?

Like most of S4 was wasted on camp drama, Naomi's scenes tearfully murming "Phillip PLZ!!!!" kinda dragged on too much. I feel hella sympathy for her though. The scene where she was calling for help on comms was tough to watch. And the one where she is freefalling through space was super uncomfortable but a brilliantly shot scene.

WTF was with Alex and Fred dying like that tho?:dwillhuh: Especially Alex, nikka practically died offscreen, I had to rewind the episode twice. And they got this janitor looking nikka sipping replacing him and sipping out his cup?! :damn: Did they catch Alex storming the capital or something?

Marco is one of the best villians yet, dude is the living personification of the Outta Pocket Always energy, of course the OPA would rally under this dikkhead.

Avasharala's arc was cool. We dont get any inner earth politics and this was a flip to see her framed as less popular and possibly clinging to power for power's sake. Really cool to have her reflect on that notion herself as she steps down. Even though I agreed with her and thought the gao chick was short sighted, it was such a mature theme to take on. The burdens of leadership. Oh well, that Gao chick died anyway, right?

Alex meeting jaded Bobbie on mars was a great subplot to me too. Alex like :dahell: reuniting with the model martian as she fell into a life of scamming and cynicism. Now she's avasharala's offical hitta:win:

The Baltimore shyt was a nice detour into Amos past but feels uneventful in hindsight outside of the meh addition of Peaches.

Top 5

1. Bobbie the GOAT
2. Holden: bosses up more every season, i like seeing him check mfs now
3. Amos: still trill and he getting hoes. Bruh has me ctfu trying to smash avasharala
4. Avasharala: queen of giving people stacks
5. Alex: *pours one out for the redneck indian*

Bottom 5

1 & 2. OPA: these nikkas seriously have the worst taste in leaders. Worse than Republicans
3. Marco: The quintessential OPA member, fukking up the universe for no discernible reason
4. Drummer: Jesus, the decision to let Marco go had so much worse implications than just Ashford getting killed.
5. Phillip: respect ya momma you little shyt

Overall this is is a great show and an interesting well built universe. I can see myself being a :mjpls: earther clowning them spaghetti legged space pussies for not being able to handle a little gravity.

Hope season 6 comes soon
The actor that played Alex got me too’d. Sending crazy text messages to women and was pretty much fired/killed off

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Finished this latest season last month. They need a little bit of Star Trek in this as I would like to see some of these worlds that the proto-molecule opened up. This is a good show as I enjoy it but stuff like the Naomi family struggle storyline is Boardwalk Empire Margret & Nucky-ish status.. frustrating as hell. Lets see some of these worlds and aliens before this show is over with

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Finished this latest season last month. They need a little bit of Star Trek in this as I would like to see some of these worlds that the proto-molecule opened up. This is a good show as I enjoy it but stuff like the Naomi family struggle storyline is Boardwalk Empire Margret & Nucky-ish status.. frustrating as hell. Lets see some of these worlds and aliens before this show is over with
Marko is a great villain but so much of his stuff was meh because of how much I don't give a fukk about Phillip. I was hoping they would kill him off in Season 5 just to get him out of the way.