Official 'The Eternals' Thread

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Most art house movies or Scorsese type movies are trash

but coli been over hyping that “cinema” on some “bu bu bu bu but Marvel won’t...” so Marvel did to make them stfu:yeshrug:
They also are taking risks instead of following a formula and hiring accomplished directors not no names who just follow producer orders to make a cookie cutter movie. I think I got all the buzzwords in there. :lolbron:

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Doing a rewatch because my chick had never seen it. She loves it. We on season 5 now. Still not looking forward to season 7 & 8
7 was fine, rushed and faster paced obv because of the episode count but it still worked

8 tho? :mjcry:

I always knew something was off when they announced all of that story to be wrapped up in just 6 eps

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
So Thanos really comes from Earth in the comics? Since the Deviants were created based off the human ancestor?

in a roundabout way, yes.

thanos is the son of mentor who was originally a Eternal from Earth. who left earth for one of Saturns moons called Titan (hence why Thanos is called The Mad Titan)

The Earth Eternals have historically been led by Zuras, the brother of Mentor (and Thanos uncle).

The Eternals are all related and call each other "cousin" so Thanos is either nephew/cousin to the Earth eternals.

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
Just started it and it's promising. What do you rate it out of 10?

The Gaiman run (and its spin off, a subsequent short lived monthly written by Charles Knauf who had a very underrated Iron Man run) is easily the best interpretation of the characters to date. A 8 out of 10 imo.

Because Gaiman is so good at writing mythological characters interacting with the modern world, he hits the nail on the head of showing the Eternals side of the Marvel Universe as this ancient, primordial, universal in scale conflict that regular humans cant hope to understand.

I knew next to nothing about the Eternals before reading it, but Neil focused on the cliff notes about them: "old as fukk, petty and catty like gods of old, damn near invulnerable, can be resurrected as long as Earth is around, inspired human mythology, created by and serve the Celestials, do good despite being in service of the Celestials, hates and fights the Deviants".

And JRJRs art has never looked better. Guru FX did the inking work and it shows as theres a lot more energy and brightness thats normally not in Romita Jr's work.

Theres one scene in particular thats one of my favoirtes in all of comics:
the gradual awakening of the Dreaming Celestial. Neil and JRJR paint a dreadful yet surreal picture of this beautiful eldritch abomination with infinite power gearing up to terrorize the Universe once again. :wow:

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
Oh and @AnonymityX1000 , Marvel relaunched the Eternals book wirtten by Kieron Gillen (whose work is usually pretty good) and drawn by Esad Ribic. I imagine Ribic will take off after the first arc concludes, but so far the book is pretty good. Only thing one needs to know going into it is : t
he Eternals just came back from mass suicide, dont serve the Celestials anymore and Sprite is now a female.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Oh and @AnonymityX1000 , Marvel relaunched the Eternals book wirtten by Kieron Gillen (whose work is usually pretty good) and drawn by Esad Ribic. I imagine Ribic will take off after the first arc concludes, but so far the book is pretty good. Only thing one needs to know going into it is : t
he Eternals just came back from mass suicide, dont serve the Celestials anymore and Sprite is now a female.
Thanks, the Gaiman series seems to be more in line with the movie story.