Official The Batman Thread

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
DC Films Plots Future With Superman, Green Lantern and R-Rated Movies (EXCLUSIVE)
There had been chatter that the entire film would unfold in Arkham Asylum, the high-security prison known to comic book fans for housing super-criminals, but that is not the case, according to insiders. Only a handful of scenes will be set at Arkham. If the movie works, Warner Bros. and DC believe that any of these villains could headline their own spinoff movies. Key cast members in both “The Batman” and “Birds of Prey” have contract options to appear in sequels and standalone films.

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
Theyre doing it, they're forming Voltron :wow:
giphy.gif

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
The Batman Director Matt Reeves Promises Footage to Debut at CCXP 2020

The Batman will soar into Comic Con Experience in Sao Paolo, Brazil in 2020. Though Warner Bros. had nothing to show from the film at this year’s event, director Matt Reeves recorded a video to address the fans at the Warner Bros. Pictures panel. He promised that he would be there to bring footage from The Batman to CCXP in 2020. By that time, the film should be well into production and about a year away from release. For this year, fans had to content themselves with the debut of new Wonder Woman 1984 posters and the film’s first trailer. They seemed okay with that.

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
The Batman Director Matt Reeves Promises Footage to Debut at CCXP 2020

The Batman will soar into Comic Con Experience in Sao Paolo, Brazil in 2020. Though Warner Bros. had nothing to show from the film at this year’s event, director Matt Reeves recorded a video to address the fans at the Warner Bros. Pictures panel. He promised that he would be there to bring footage from The Batman to CCXP in 2020. By that time, the film should be well into production and about a year away from release. For this year, fans had to content themselves with the debut of new Wonder Woman 1984 posters and the film’s first trailer. They seemed okay with that.
giphy.gif

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Full Plot For The Batman Has Reportedly Been Revealed

From what we understand, the story is based around Gotham’s mayoral elections, with someone paying one of the villains to kill off the candidates one by one, forcing Batman into action in an effort to track down the culprit.

This is said to be why the script features so many villains, with the Dark Knight investigating his old foes one-by-one until he tracks down the mastermind behind the whole thing.
Apparently, it’ll turn out to be the Riddler, with either Harvey Dent or the Penguin (it’s currently undecided) said to be the one paying Nygma.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Robert Pattinson Has Begun The Batman Rehearsals

Robert Pattinson's transformation into Batman has begun. A new profile of the actor by The Guardian reveals that Pattinson has begun rehearsals for The Batman. Based on the piece, it sounds like Pattinson isn't happy with where he is with the character yet, but he admits that he's his own worst critic in that regard. At the same time, he spoke again about what drew him to playing DC's Dark Knight. “I felt a connection to it, I don’t know why... I just really wanted it.” He goes on to say that the role has a “power… everyone is attracted to it. It’s an unidentifiable thing.”

Pattinson is rehearsing in the same studio where he filmed Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. He says it's the first time he's worked in a studio in “like, forever." It's also the first time he's played a major character with built-in expectations since he wrapped on the Twilight franchise in 2012. Playing Batman, the experience of being in that kind of role is coming back to him. “I’m already remembering what it’s like to talk about a movie where there’s an expectation," he says. "Whenever you say anything, people are like, ‘Argh! You idiot!’ Like, dude, I haven’t even started yet!”