Official The Batman Thread

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area

I just re-read Long Halloween and one thing I really noticed visually was how Tim Sale kept Batman as a shadowy figure. That'd be really cool if Reeves went for this type of look for batman.

2f56da2f0d6e4e2e037ec22dd0a632a4.jpg

d923cd576932c95f8cd3a5183646405a.jpg

batman-11-cover-b-tim-sale.png

:lupe:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cinematographer Robert Richardson Denies He Is Shooting 'The Batman'

Cinematographer Robert Richardson is denying news that he is set to shoot The Batman.

Reports spread Wednesday on genre movie news sites that director Matt Reeves had tapped the three-time Oscar-winner for the job.

"I'm not shooting The Batman. ... I have never met with Matt Reeves," Richardson told The Hollywood Reporter during an interview Thursday for an upcoming Behind the Screen podcast about his latest film, Quentin Tarantino's Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

"I woke up this morning to a slew of text messages, 'Congratulations, I didn't know you were shooting Batman.' I was highly perplexed," he said. "The closest part of reality is that when Ben Affleck was going to direct, I was going to shoot. But I don't know how that got moved into this space."
He added that when Affleck was attached to helm with Richardson as a DP, "I thought, "Finally, I get to do a Batman movie.' I think that would be a lot of fun — whether Batman, or I have always wanted to shoot Superman. ... He was one of my favorite characters growing up."