Official Student Debt Cancellation Watch Thread

Daps
Have you considered that when the Republicans control the house, senate, scotus, and presidency what would become achievable for student loan debt relief?

Now that's a landscape that is worth exploring
They won't do a single fukking thing for student loans relief.

Relief is not a gop concern. They are the party of pull yourself up by the bootstraps.

You are grievously mistaken in thinking Republicans will help anyone but corporations and the wealthy

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
They won't do a single fukking thing for student loans relief.

Relief is not a gop concern. They are the party of pull yourself up by the bootstraps.

You are grievously mistaken in thinking Republicans will help anyone but corporations and the wealthy
but trump will give you a black job. how as a black man you don't want a black job? :mjpls: black student loan relief in exchange for a black job for those that made the mistake before president trump. and because black jobs will be back in full effect no need for current black students to go to college and take out loans.

btw, 88m3's post was sarcasm. the tone of this board since those israeli fakkits started killing babies is trump can't be any worse than joe so let's give him a try. so i'm embracing the stupid and posting sarcastically.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
@FAH1223 Here we are, back again:

This would be a blessing if he could come through. I’m going to be submitting for PSLF the month before the election and it’s looking like Biden bout to take an L :francis:
I gotta recertify my PSLF in a couple months.

I gotta do 30 more payments and in 2027, remaining will be wiped out. But if Trump wins, that's dead. :mjcry:

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I gotta recertify my PSLF in a couple months.

I gotta do 30 more payments and in 2027, remaining will be wiped out. But if Trump wins, that's dead. :mjcry:
Yea I’m gonna do a buy back of my deferred payments (20), from when I was in grad school, in September. That will put me at 120 and then submit for forgiveness in October.

I hope this shyt goes through before inauguration.

Otherwise I’m prolly screwed. Trumps DoE (if he wins) will prolly make it hard af to get forgiveness.

The_Unchosen_One

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis
Yea I’m gonna do a buy back of my deferred payments (20), from when I was in grad school, in September. That will put me at 120 and then submit for forgiveness in October.

I hope this shyt goes through before inauguration.

Otherwise I’m prolly screwed. Trumps DoE (if he wins) will prolly make it hard af to get forgiveness.
Trump is doing away with the DOE... they will do away with all forgiveness plans...

Im just biding my time... making my monthly payments trying to get my bills down so I can throw extra at this shyt

Payday23

Superstar
Daps

federal appeals court on Thursday blocked President Joe Biden's administration from continuing to implement a new student debt relief plan designed to lower monthly payments for millions of Americans.
The St. Louis-based 8th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals granted a request, opens new tab by seven Republican-led states to put on hold parts of the U.S. Department of Education's debt relief plan that had not already been blocked by a lower-court judge.

That ruling last month by U.S. District Judge John Ross in St. Louis had blocked the department from granting further loan forgiveness under the administration's Saving on a Valuable Education (SAVE) Plan but had not blocked all of the plan.
That plan provides more generous terms than past income-based repayment plans, lowering monthly payments for eligible borrowers and allowing those whose original principal balances were $12,000 or less to have their debt forgiven after 10 years.