Official "Spider-Man 3: No Way Home" Thread (OPEN SPOILERS)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I think Ralph Boner is a little different. The timeline is:
  1. Disney acquires Fox.
  2. Fans get excited about the X-Men
  3. Even before Comic-con or D23 event Feige says. We Got no plans for X-Men and they aren't coming anytime soon.
  4. Fans don't believe him and speculate make all types of 'rumor' videos and messageboard posts about X-Men, "Wolverine is going to be in Falcon and the Winter Soldier", "Eternals explaing the existence of Mutants" etc.
  5. Comic con happens, Feige tells everyone what is coming via movies and Disney + and doesn't mention or even hint @ Mutants being in the current Slate. Then says we still haven't told you about F4 or Mutants, which strongly implied F4 and Mutants is after all this stuff I just announced.
  6. The rumors and misinformation online persist.
  7. WandaVision drops and he trolls all the people who would not believe what he said about mutants multiple times explicitly. lol

Fam 90% of the people I know that watched "Wandavision" don't follow half the things you listed. All this Marvel shyt is mainstream pop culture at this point so there's people that don't even know who Feige is, or have no idea when Comic-con happened.

They watched "Wandavision", seen Quicksilver, and thought the X-Men were coming. It's as simple as that. Not to mention, if I'm Feige and I'm telling you "no mutants any time soon" then put Quicksilver in a Disney+ show....what he said in the past doesn't matter, Quicksilver is in the show.

Now you could argue "that wasn't him" but again....there was no reason to think that wasn't him. Producers, actors, writers, etc. lie all the time to throw fans off, people are going to believe their eyes more than something Feige said 8 months ago.

Fred.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Fam 90% of the people I know that watched "Wandavision" don't follow half the things you listed. All this Marvel shyt is mainstream pop culture at this point so there's people that don't even know who Feige is, or have no idea when Comic-con happened.

They watched "Wandavision", seen Quicksilver, and thought the X-Men were coming. It's as simple as that. Not to mention, if I'm Feige and I'm telling you "no mutants any time soon" then put Quicksilver in a Disney+ show....what he said in the past doesn't matter, Quicksilver is in the show.

Now you could argue "that wasn't him" but again....there was no reason to think that wasn't him. Producers, actors, writers, etc. lie all the time to throw fans off, people are going to believe their eyes more than something Feige said 8 months ago.

Fred.
The second paragraph betrays the first. Why would you think that was Quicksilver from the FOX universe on WandaVision? It's a different franchise and they have never mixed before. Unless you are indeed following all the news and outside information regarding these movies. The 90% would just think what Darcy thought and be somewhat confused. "They recast Quicksilver?!" Not extrapolate they are now merging franchises.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The second paragraph betrays the first. Why would you think that was Quicksilver from the FOX universe on WandaVision? It's a different franchise and they have never mixed before. Unless you are indeed following all the news and outside information regarding these movies. The 90% would just think what Darcy thought and be somewhat confused. "They recast Quicksilver?!" Not extrapolate they are now merging franchises.

That's not the same thing man.

Disney acquiring Fox was all over every major news site even remotely related to entertainment. So even casual fans expected a cross over of some sort.

Feige commenting on mutants at Comic-con or whatever, is something only people that follow those things would know about.

You also need to take into account some people had no idea Marvel didn't own these characters all along, so the Fox deal had no bearing on their expectations either way. They seen Quicksilver and thought "oh, they're finally bringing those characters in."

What I'm saying is, Feige isn't the product. The TV shows and movies are the product. People are going to take what they see/hear on the TV shows and movies, over what Feige said in an interview.

Fred.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
That's not the same thing man.

Disney acquiring Fox was all over every major news site even remotely related to entertainment. So even casual fans expected a cross over of some sort.

Feige commenting on mutants at Comic-con or whatever, is something only people that follow those things would know about.

You also need to take into account some people had no idea Marvel didn't own these characters all along, so the Fox deal had no bearing on their expectations either way. They seen Quicksilver and thought "oh, they're finally bringing those characters in."

What I'm saying is, Feige isn't the product. The TV shows and movies are the product. People are going to take what they see/hear on the TV shows and movies, over what Feige said in an interview.

Fred.
OK you are going from 90% of fans are casuals who don't follow movie news like that to everyone heard about the Disney FOX merger, knew the implications for Marvel characters and were correct in expecting a crossover. But also are unfamiliar with Kevin Feige and his announcement about this same franchise? Wow, talk about framing the scenario exactly to your points. lol
You seem to want people to be up on the news and then not when it fits your argument.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Nah man I can't agree with this.

The internet goes crazy off....basically nothing but Marvel/Sony chose to put villains from previous movies (Ock, Green Goblin, etc.) in this so it's not as if the "we'll see the Spider-Man from those movies, too" came completely out of left field.

It's the same as the Ralph Boener thing. "Let's make a guy with the same powers as Quicksilver, same outfit, same actor....wait, you guys thought this was the official introduction to X-Men and mutants....why?" :comeon:

Fred.
I’m also a person who thinks a bunch of people go crazy and work themselves into a shoot. It’s the wrestling mentality that a lot of fans have even if they don’t watch wrestling. They do the fantasy booking even if it’s not them calling the shots.

Last edited: