Essential Official Netflix Thread

dvdjamm

All Star
Daps
Reppin
California
hill-house.jpeg

Netflix has given a 10-episode straight-to-series order to an untitled horror drama series from genre filmmaker Mike Flanagan (Ouija: Origin of Evil, Oculus, Hush), Steven Spielberg’s Amblin TV and Paramount TV.

The project is a modern re-imagining of Shirley Jackson’s classic 1959 novel, The Haunting of Hill House, considered one of the best ghost stories of the 20th century. It originated with Amblin TV’s Darryl Frank and Justin Falvey, fans of the book, who tracked its rights to Paramount Television. Flanagan was tapped to write, direct and executive produce and his producing partner, Trevor Macy, to executive produce a potential TV series adaptation. The pitch was sold to Netflix for development, which led to the straight-to-series order. Frank and Falvey also executive produce.

The Haunting of Hill House has been adapted to the screen twice as the 1963 and 1999 features, both titled The Haunting.

Flanagan and Macy have previously worked together as writer/director and producer, respectively on the features Oculus, Before I Wake, Ouija: Origin of Evil, Hush and Netflix’s upcoming film Gerald’s Game, based on Stephen King’s novel.

This marks the first scripted Netflix series for Amblin TV. The company co-produces Netflix’s docu series Five Came Back, about the work of five legendary Hollywood directors during WWII. The three-part docuseries, which features an interview with Spielberg, debuted on March 31.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Got so much shyt in my My List queue that I know I will never get to anytime soon... But I can't stop adding new shyt that I find interesting from the description.... :why:

At least you got a lot to eat when you bored with nothing to do. :wow:

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Any of you watch Midnight Meat Train?
1st I saw the name and was like :wtf: the hell kinda name for a movie is that? I'm never gonna watch it.
Then today I saw it again and read the description, I like photography I'll check it out :ld:
Starts off OK. They get to the train and
:krs: bruh came through with the meat hammer and KO'd them people
so it picks up and I'm getting into it. Then the photographer
keeps sloppily following the dude around and getting caught
so I'm like why is breh doing this?:what:
And here's where I get :martin: and the movie lost me all the way
the killer catches him but lets him live although he kills everyone else :dahell: kinda dumb shyt is this. Totally out of character for the butcher. Then breh girlfriend goes snooping in his crib and expect to make it out alive. Stupid, just stupid. And then they get to the end of the line and it's some kinda meat eating creatures :dahell: where they come from?:mindblown: and they never explained why the cop or conductor were in on it and how they knew bout the creatures. Then dude becomes the new killer
Movie was just poo the further it went on.
Never been so.quick to give a thumbs down :camby:

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Any of you watch Midnight Meat Train?
1st I saw the name and was like :wtf: the hell kinda name for a movie is that? I'm never gonna watch it.
Then today I saw it again and read the description, I like photography I'll check it out :ld:
Starts off OK. They get to the train and
:krs: bruh came through with the meat hammer and KO'd them people
so it picks up and I'm getting into it. Then the photographer
keeps sloppily following the dude around and getting caught
so I'm like why is breh doing this?:what:
And here's where I get :martin: and the movie lost me all the way
the killer catches him but lets him live although he kills everyone else :dahell: kinda dumb shyt is this. Totally out of character for the butcher. Then breh girlfriend goes snooping in his crib and expect to make it out alive. Stupid, just stupid. And then they get to the end of the line and it's some kinda meat eating creatures :dahell: where they come from?:mindblown: and they never explained why the cop or conductor were in on it and how they knew bout the creatures. Then dude becomes the new killer
Movie was just poo the further it went on.
Never been so.quick to give a thumbs down :camby:
I only got to 20 minutes in before I shut it off. Why were the trains so empty? Looked like a major city but nobody uses the subway but the killer and a victim:why: