Essential Official Netflix Thread

dvdjamm

All Star
Daps
Reppin
California

Spring is in the air and daylight saving time is about to start, which means those carefree lazy nights of binge watching Netflix will now come with a side of guilt as you look off into the late evening sunset. Good thing there’s some good stuff arriving this month in the U.S. to keep you occupied.

The Highlights
As has been the case for several months now, the big push here is once again Netflix originals. That kicks off with the first season of Marvel’s Iron Fist, a show about a superhero doing superhero things and probably kicking people. There’s also 13 Reasons Why, a teen suicide drama directed by Tom McCarthy based on the popular young adult novel of the same name. Other new series include One More Time, Beau Sejour, and Samurai Gourmet. As for returning shows, Love comes back for its second season of bored-skinny-white-30-somethings-in-Los-Angeles-doing-things, and Grace and Frankie lines up for its third season. Netflix is also dropping a few new feature length films, including the Hell Week coming of age drama Burning Sands, the comedy-caper Deidra & Laney Rob a Train, the South Korean nuclear disaster film, Pandora, the Madalyn Murray O’Hair biopic Most Hated Woman in America, and finally, the much talked about The Discovery.

Netflix is also debuting Five Came Back, a documentary based on the book of the same title that details the effects of World War II on Hollywood and its directors. In conjunction with that, Netflix is offering up a ton of classic World War II documentaries, including How to Operate Behind Enemy Lines, Let There Be Light, Prelude of War, and a bunch more.

As for non-Netflix titles, Disney’s The BFG (RT: 75%) and Pete’s Dragon (RT: 86%) are easily the biggest highlights. Life Aquatic (RT: 56%), Archer season seven, and the ‘90s teen goth totally not lame at all classic, The Craft (RT: 50%) all also arrive this month.

You won’t have much to worry about as far as movies leaving, unless you haven’t seen Jaws (RT: 97%) yet, in which case you should really take care of that. The 2014 Emile Edwin Smith Oscar vehicle and dramatic tour de force Mega Shark vs Mecha Shark is also leaving.

Arriving on Netflix this Month

March 1
  • Angry Birds: Season 2 (2013)
  • Blazing Saddles (1974)
  • Chicago (2002)
  • Deep Run (2015)
  • Dirt Every Day: Season 1 (2013)
  • Epic Drives: Season 2 (2015)
  • Friday After Next (2002)
  • Head 2 Head: Season 2 (2013)
  • Hot Rod Unlimited: Season 1 (2013)
  • Ignition: Season 1 (2013)
  • Impossible Dreamers (2017)
  • Jurassic Park (1993)
  • Jurassic Park III (2001)
  • Kate and Mim-Mim: Season 2 (2015)
  • Know Your Enemy – Japan (1945)
  • Kung Fu Panda (2008)
  • Let There Be Light (1946)
  • Memento (2000)
  • Midnight in Paris (2011)
  • Nacho Libre (2006)
  • Nazi Concentration Camps (1945)
  • Roadkill: Season 2 (2013)
  • Rolling Stones: Crossfire Hurricane (2012)
  • San Pietro (1945)
  • Singing with angels (2016)
  • Sustainable (2016)
  • Slums of Beverly Hills (1998)
  • The Craft (1996)
  • This Is Spinal Tap (1984)
  • Tenacious D in: The Pick of Destiny (2006)
  • The Lost World: Jurassic Park (1997)
  • The Memphis Belle: A Story of a Flying Fortress (1944)
  • The Negro Soldier (1944)
  • Thunderbolt (1947)
  • Tunisian Victory (1944)
March 3
  • Greenleaf: Season 1 (2016)
March 4
  • Safe Haven (2013)
March 5
  • Señora Acero: Season 3 (2016)
March 7
  • Amy Schumer: The Leather Special—NETFLIX ORIGINAL
March 8
  • Hands of Stone (2016)
  • The Waterboy (1998)
March 9
  • Thithi (2015)
March 10
  • Buddy Thunderstruck: Season 1—NETFLIX ORIGINAL
  • Burning Sands—NETFLIX ORIGINAL FILM
  • Love: Season 2—NETFLIX ORIGINAL
  • One More Time: Season 1—NETFLIX ORIGINAL
  • The Boss’ Daughter (2016)
March 13
  • Must Love Dogs (2005)
  • Million Dollar Baby (2004)
March 14
  • Disney’s Pete’s Dragon (2016)
  • Jim Norton: Mouthful of Shame—NETFLIX ORIGINAL
March 15
  • Disney’s The BFG (2016)
  • Notes on Blindness (2016)
March 16
  • Beau Sejour: Season 1 –NETFLIX ORIGINAL
  • Coraline (2009)
March 17
  • Deidra & Laney Rob a Train—NETFLIX ORIGINAL FILM
  • Julie’s Greenroom: Season 1—NETFLIX ORIGINAL
  • Marvel’s Iron Fist: Season 1—NETFLIX ORIGINAL
  • Naledi: A Baby Elephant’s Tale (2016)
  • Pandora—NETFLIX ORIGINAL FILM
  • Samurai Gourmet: Season 1—NETFLIX ORIGINAL
March 18
  • Come and Find Me (2016)
  • The Vampire Diaries: Season 8 (2016)
March 20
  • El Reemplazante: Season 1-2 (2012)
March 21
  • Ali & Nino (2016)
  • Another Forever (2016)
  • Evolution (2015)
  • Fire at the Sea (Fuocoammare) (2016)
March 23
  • How to Get Away with Murder: Season 3 (2016)
  • Welcome to New York (2015)
March 24
  • Bottersnikes & Gumbles: Season 2—NETFLIX ORIGINAL
  • Déjà Vu (2006)
  • Felipe Neto: My Life Makes No Sense—NETFLIX ORIGINAL
  • Grace and Frankie: Season 3—NETFLIX ORIGINAL
  • Ingobernable: Season 1—NETFLIX ORIGINAL
  • Spider (2007)
  • The Square (2008)
  • The Most Hated Woman in America—NETFLIX ORIGINAL FILM
  • Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988)
March 25
  • The Student Body (2017)
  • USS Indianapolis: Men of Courage (2016)
March 26
  • The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (2004)
March 27
  • Better Call Saul: Season 2
March 28
  • Archer: Season 7 (2016)
  • Jo Koy: Live from Seattle—NETFLIX ORIGINAL
March 30
  • Life in Pieces: Season 1 (2015)
March 31
  • 13 Reasons Why: Season 1—NETFLIX ORIGINAL
  • Bordertown: Season 1—NETFLIX ORIGINAL
  • Cooper Barrett’s Guide to Surviving Life: Season 1 (2016)
  • Dinotrux: Season 4—NETFLIX ORIGINAL
  • FirstBorn (2016)
  • Five Came Back—NETFLIX ORIGINAL
  • GLOW: The Story of the Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling (2012)
  • Rosewood: Season 1
  • The Carmichael Show: Season 1-2
  • The Discovery—NETFLIX ORIGINAL FILM
  • Trailer Park Boys: Season 11—NETFLIX ORIGINAL

Leaving Netflix This Month

March 1
  • Jaws
  • Justice League: War
  • Jaws 2
  • Jaws 3
  • Jaws: The Revenge
  • Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox
  • Keeping Up Appearances
  • Monarch of the Glen: Seasons 1 - 7
  • National Lampoon’s Animal House
  • Robin Hood: Seasons 1 - 3
  • Survivors: Series 1 - 2
  • Leaving 3/2/17
  • Black or White
  • Sweetwater
March 3
  • Bill & Ted’s Bogus Journey
  • Misfire
  • Web Junkie
March 4
  • Entertainment
  • I Dream of Wires
  • Otto the Rhino
  • Seashore
  • The Discoverers
  • The Nanny Diaries
March 5
  • Food Chains
  • Jail Caesar
  • The Days to Come
  • Two Hundred Thousand Dirty
March 6
  • Pit Stop
  • Rigor Mortis
March 7
  • Hansel vs. Gretel
March 8
  • Love At First Fight
  • The Starving Games
March 15
  • Boy
  • B for Boy
  • My Girlfriend’s Boyfriend
  • Sushi: The Global Catch
March 16
  • American Dreamz
March 23
  • Love Me
  • The Invincible Iron Man
March 25
  • All Stars
  • Pup
  • The Perfect Wedding
March 27
  • Dragonwolf
March 28
  • Erasing Hate
  • The Kingdom of Dreams and Madness
March 29
  • 6 Guns
  • Detropia
  • I Melt With You
  • Mega Shark vs. Mecha Shark
  • The Life and Crimes of Doris Payne

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn I searched to see if the animated X-Men cartoon was on Netflix, nope it's on Hulu which I don't have

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Ultimate Beastmaster is a worse and cornier version of Ninja Warrior, but i guess it's decent if you want to watch mindless crap

dvdjamm

All Star
Daps
Reppin
California
A Review for I Don't Feel at Home in This World Anymore (SPOILERS)

tmg-article_default_mobile.jpg

"Everyone is an a$$hole," says Melanie Lynskey's Ruth early into the new thriller, I Don't Feel at Home in This World Anymore. In the moment, she's venting to her sister about the entitlement of a thief who broke into her house to steal her shyt, but she could just as easily been talking about the unhinged moral universe of writer-director Macon Blair's joyfully oddball Sundance break-out, which is now streaming exclusively on Netflix. In Blair's world -- like our own -- the a$$holes are winning.

Luckily, Ruth is putting up a fight, and occasionally sticking it to the a$$holes in an insane fashion. Blair has fukked-up movie pedigree: the filmmaker cut his teeth as an actor in the brutal, semi-comic hillbilly noir Blue Ruin and played an essential role in last year's uncompromising Nazi punk thriller Green Room (both by director Jeremy Saulnier). I Don't Feel at Home in this World Anymore has a wackier, more absurd touch than Saulnier's unrelentingly bleak films, but they're similar in setting, tone, and madcap bloodshed. Blair wants to grab your throat, but he also wants to tickle it. And throw ninja stars at it. This is a weird movie.

And there's so much strangeness to be found in the nooks and crannies of individual scenes. While it would be fun to see the film on the big screen, it's also perfectly made for the freeze-frame, screen-cap era of modern laptop movie-watching. Blair's kooky sensibility rewards a watchful eye, a careful ear, and a finger hovering above the space bar. Here are five moments that make this weirdo crime flick tick.

tmg-article_tall;jpeg_quality=20.jpg

While Lynskey, recently seen in HBO's Togetherness, is undoubtedly the best part of the movie, she contends with a scene-stealing Elijah Wood as Tony, a weight-lifting, metal-loving eccentric. While some of Tony's quirks might feel like quirky nerd affectations -- did we really need to see his Settlers of Catan board game in the background of one shot? -- his love of ninja stars is a welcome character trait. As Tony and Ruth become vigilante buddies, we get to see Wood, a droll comic presence, dole out pointy justice by throwing metal stars at various criminals and low-lifes. Yes, in 2017 Frodo knows kung-fu.

One of I Feel at Home's best scenes sees Ruth and Tony take a trip to a shady flea market, where they attempt to get back her grandmother's precious dishes. The walk through cluttered sanctuary is a treat -- at one point they pass a yellow plastic horse with a sign on it that reads "Not a real horse" -- but the weirdest part comes when Lynskey spots this little critter eating what looks like paper. What's this guy doing there? What important document is he eating? Is it the secret to unlocking the whole movie?

Ruth's quest to get her shyt back is a relatable one. At various points she gets in borderline Kafka-esque conversations with authority figures like a 911 operator and a depressive detective who fail to offer any valuable assistance. So, like many action heroes before her, she takes justice into her own hands, but she does it in a fittingly child-like manner: she gets a police badge from a cereal box. Tony the Tiger would be proud.

If you've ever watched a violent sequence in a movie and said, "I'd be sick if that happened to me in real life," well, this is the movie for you. During the film's climatic (and slapstick-ey) confrontation in a bad guy's mansion, multiple limbs get shot up, broken-down guns explode, and, yes, someone takes a ninja star to the face. Ruth reacts by puking her guts out, leaving a puddle of vomit on the floor that rivals the amount of blood spilled in John Wick: Chapter Two. Honestly, I'm amazed no one slipped on it; kudos to Blair for showing some restraint.

In its exciting final section, Blair goes full Deliverance and puts Lynskey on the run through a deadly forest, which cinematographer Larkin Seiple (Cop Car, Swiss Army Man) shoots in the earthy green tones of a Vietnam War movie. Though parts of the movie can feel a bit like a sitcom -- no more comedic scenes of adults having breakdowns in front of little kids, please -- the wilderness section has a visceral, tactile quality that makes this feel more like a movie than a truncated binge-watch. When that snake shows up, try not to lose your shyt. It's the type of unnerving cinematic moment that can be enjoyed by both a$$holes and non-a$$holes alike.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
been watching American dad and the shyt is censored. anybody know if the dvds are censored as well? or is that netflix shyt? family guy as well.

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
What's it about
History docu-series. It looks like it's only going to focus on the last 60 years or so of the 20th century. First three episodes are about WWII, the next one starts talking about the beginning of the Cold War. Talks about details of events and influential people that weren't widely known or have become forgotten. Henry Wallace was the Bernie Sanders of his time. :damn:

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
History docu-series. It looks like it's only going to focus on the last 60 years or so of the 20th century. First three episodes are about WWII, the next one starts talking about the beginning of the Cold War. Talks about details of events and influential people that weren't widely known or have become forgotten. Henry Wallace was the Bernie Sanders of his time. :damn:

I will check it out after I finished Luther,