Essential Official Netflix Thread

_DC

D.C.
Daps
Reppin
Lower Delaware
Yo Brehs.. Has any TV Dad hated his child more than Dan Scott?

Dude was a savage!:lolbron:

I'm on season 8 and it seems like he has gotten it together... But Damn!!!:whew:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
american-hero-movie-soundtrack.jpg

This movie is surprisingly good brehs:wow:
This shyt was POPPIN!!! :gladbron:

dvdjamm

All Star
Daps
Reppin
California
RS_Punisher_Series_Coming_RAB_02a.png

It’s official: The Punisher is getting his own TV series.

EW has learned that Marvel has ordered a spin-off starring vigilante character introduced in Daredevil season 2.

Jon Bernthal will reprise his role as vengeful military veteran Frank Castle, who brings his own lethal form of justice to Hell’s Kitchen.

Writer and executive producer Steve Lightfoot (Hanniba, Casualty) will serve as showrunner.

Marvel’s The Punisher marks the sixth series ordered (so far) as part of the collaboration between Netflix and Marvel Television, including the upcoming Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and the ensemble miniseries The Defenders – along with Jessica Jones and the aforementioned Daredevil. (And in case you’re wondering, as we are, whether Bernthal’s character will also be added to The Defenders lineup, that’s not yet clear – though it seems likely he’ll at least pop in for an appearance.)

'Marvel's The Punisher' spin-off ordered by Netflix, Jon Bernthal to star

_DC

D.C.
Daps
Reppin
Lower Delaware
RS_Punisher_Series_Coming_RAB_02a.png

It’s official: The Punisher is getting his own TV series.

EW has learned that Marvel has ordered a spin-off starring vigilante character introduced in Daredevil season 2.

Jon Bernthal will reprise his role as vengeful military veteran Frank Castle, who brings his own lethal form of justice to Hell’s Kitchen.

Writer and executive producer Steve Lightfoot (Hanniba, Casualty) will serve as showrunner.

Marvel’s The Punisher marks the sixth series ordered (so far) as part of the collaboration between Netflix and Marvel Television, including the upcoming Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and the ensemble miniseries The Defenders – along with Jessica Jones and the aforementioned Daredevil. (And in case you’re wondering, as we are, whether Bernthal’s character will also be added to The Defenders lineup, that’s not yet clear – though it seems likely he’ll at least pop in for an appearance.)

'Marvel's The Punisher' spin-off ordered by Netflix, Jon Bernthal to star
:gladbron::banderas::blessed:

dvdjamm

All Star
Daps
Reppin
California
640.jpg

From Deadline comes news that John Krasinski will be playing the title role in Jack Ryan, the upcoming Amazon series based on the popular Tom Clancy character, an investment broker turned CIA agent turned two-term President Of The United States turned all-purpose conservative fantasy. The series, produced by Michael Bay through his Platinum Dunes company, will presumably just focus on the CIA agent part, ignoring the merger of Iran and Iraq into a single state, the Ebola-based supervirus engineering by evil environmentalists, the war between Russia and China, and all of the other things that threatened the world in Clancy’s unstable Ryanverse in the 1990s and 2000s.

Krasinski previously starred in Bay’s 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers Of Benghazi, and is apparently keen to continue working with a filmmaker who generally lets actors do whatever they want as long as it looks cool. Lost’s Carlton Cuse and Graham Roland are also involved. Jack Ryan, introduced by Clancy his debut novel, The Hunt For Red October, has been memorably played by Harrison Ford and Alec Baldwin, and less memorably by Ben Affleck and Chris Pine. The new series will not be based on Clancy’s increasingly deranged novel series, but will instead offer “a new contemporary take on the character in his prime as a CIA analyst / operative.” This was also the pitch for Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit.

dvdjamm

All Star
Daps
Reppin
California
Netflix sure doesn’t waste any time when it knows what it wants. Though it only premiered on April 1, The Ranch, a sitcom starring Ashton Kutcher and Sam Elliot, has already been renewed for Season 2. The Ranch will have new episodes arrive on the streaming service giant at some point next year in 2017.

The announcement comes from Ashton Kutcher’s Twitter account, where he posted a video revealing the news. He appeared alongside co-stars Danny Masterson and Sam Elliot, where the actors revealed that more episodes for the sitcom were on the way.

The Ranch has something of a unique episode model by Netflix standards. On April 1, the show premiered 10 episodes of Season 1. As the Twitter video reveals, there will be 10 more new episodes premiering in the fall that will conclude Season 1 before Season 2 kicks off sometime in 2017. This differs from Netflix’s usual model of releasing every episode at once for people to watch to their hearts content. The Ranch works more like a network sitcom, in the sense that it takes a mid-season break before coming back. This could prove to be a good model for Netflix users who don’t like the long wait between the seasons of the streaming service's popular shows.

The Ranch is a sitcom starring former That 70’s Show co-stars Ashton Kutcher and Danny Masterson. Ashton kutcher plays a semi-pro football player who returns home to help run the family ranch with his older brother (Danny Masterson) and his father (Sam Elliot). The show received fairly mixed reviews when it premiered and currently has a 53% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Despite this, The Ranch seems to have gained a strong fan base that are excited to see more episodes of the sitcom- if the reaction on Twitter is anything to go by.

_1462030510.jpg

This renewal is just one of many from the streaming giant’s original content. It was recently announced that Netflix would be producing a Punisher spin-off series from Daredevil, as well as renewing a sequel series to the cult classic film, Wet Hot American Summer, and a new adaptation of Watership Down starring John Boyega and James McAvoy arriving in the future. There are also new seasons of Fuller House and F is for Family on the way.

10 more episodes for Season 1 of The Ranch will arrive in the fall with Season 2 following in 2017. Stay tuned for more updates and official premiere dates for The Ranch.

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
tried giving Daredevil a shot...i dont know...i really didnt even finish the first episode. i was bored as fukk the entire time. some cool action sequences but i didnt care about any of the characters. the opening scene with the blinding backstory was corny as fukk too..not the story itself but the poor acting. i dont know if i can watch this one.

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
Saw this movie last night called Alive. It was about some rugby team whose plane crashed and they get stuck in the snow. They end up having to eat some of the dead passengers. Based on a true story. Decent movie to watch if your bored.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Netflix's movie library continues to be pure shyt. The last 4 movies I've watched have all been average at best, and that's being kind. I watched Minions as background noise, i won't even count that b/c it's for kids, but the new Ricky Gervais movie "Special Correspondents" was crap. The movie "Man Up" with Simon Pegg was a subpar rom-com, and the movie "Hush" sucked.

carry on

porque

Boricua Guerrero
Daps
Reppin
Philly #ByrdGang #TPC
Saw this movie last night called Alive. It was about some rugby team whose plane crashed and they get stuck in the snow. They end up having to eat some of the dead passengers. Based on a true story. Decent movie to watch if your bored.

this post made me feel old :flabbynsick:

I remember when this movie came out it was a big release and let to many jokes, yet you act as if it was some random movie you found

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
this post made me feel old :flabbynsick:

I remember when this movie came out it was a big release and let to many jokes, yet you act as if it was some random movie you found
That movie was the butt of so many jokes and that flik was actually really fukked up and sad :deadmanny:

dvdjamm

All Star
Daps
Reppin
California
Arriving on Netflix in May 2016
May 1
  • A Study in Sherlock (2016)
  • Admiral (2015)
  • Ava's Possessions (2015)
  • Bring It On (2000)
  • Bring It On: All or Nothing (2006)
  • Easy Living: Seasons 1-3
  • El Crítico (2013)
  • FernGully 2: The Magical Rescue (1998)
  • Finger of God (2007)
  • Gary Gulman: It's About Time (2016)
  • Great Expectations (1998)
  • I Am Road Comic (2014)
  • Jesus Town, USA (2014)
  • Just Friends (2005)
  • Kevin Hart Presents Keith Robinson: Back of The Bus Funny (2015)
  • Kevin Hart Presents Lil Rel: RELevent (2015)
  • Kevin Hart Presents: Plastic Cup Boyz (2015)
  • LoliRock: Season 1 (2014)
  • My Last Day Without You (2011)
  • The Nutty Professor (1996)
  • Off the Map (2013)
  • Palm Trees in the Snow (2015)
  • Pleasantville (1998)
  • Shark Lake (2015)
  • She's Beautiful When She's Angry (2014)
  • Sixteen Candles (1984)
  • Sugar Coated (2015)
  • Terra (2015)
  • Things We Lost in the Fire (2007)
  • To Catch a Thief (1955)
  • Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers: Runnin' Down a Dream (2007)
  • Who's Driving Doug (2016)
May 2
  • The Replacements (2000)
May 3
  • Submerged (2015)
May 4
  • The Keeping Room (2015)
  • Shanghai Knights (2003)
May 5
  • Fourth Man Out (2015)
  • Marseille
May 6
  • Ali Wong: Baby Cobra
  • Baby Daddy, season 5
  • Grace and Frankie, season 2
  • Young & Hungry, season 3
May 8
  • The Chosen Ones (2015)
May 9
  • A Stand Up Guy (2015)
May 10
  • Eisenstein in Guanajuato (2015)
May 11
  • Chelsea
  • Goosebumps (2015)
  • They Look Like People (2015)
May 12
  • Bleeding Heart (2015)
May 15
  • We Are Still Here (2015)
  • Yo Soy la Salsa (2014)
May 17
  • American Dad!: Season 10
  • Kindergarten Cop 2 (2016)
  • Slasher, season 1 (2016)
May 18
  • A Girl Like Her (2015)
May 19
  • Benders, season 1 (2015)
May 20
  • Lady Dynamite, season 1
May 22
  • David and Goliath (2015)
  • The Letters (2014)
  • The Ouija Experiment 2: Theatre of Death (2015)
May 23
  • Electricity (2014)
May 26
  • Graceland, season 3
  • The Last Man on the Moon (2016)
May 27
  • Bloodline, season 2
  • Chef's Table, season 2, Part 1
  • The Do-Over (2016)
  • Mako Mermaids, season 4
  • Hell on Wheels, season 5
Leaving Netflix in May 2016
May 1

• The Animatrix (2003)
  • Anna Karenina (1948)
  • Author! Author! (1982)
  • Beware of Mr. Baker (2012)
  • Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure (1989)
  • Broadway Idiot (2013)
  • Bus Stop (1956)
  • Election (1999)
  • The Good Life (2012)
  • Holiday Engagement (2011)
  • Kiss of Death (1995)
  • Mad Hot Ballroom (2005)
  • Mona Lisa Is Missing (2012)
  • Ralphie May: Austin-tatious (2008)
  • Terms And Conditions May Apply (2013)
  • That's What I Am (2011)
  • Thérèse (2012)
  • Truth or Die (2012)
  • Young & Handsome: An Evening with Jeff Garlin (2008)
May 2
  • Slightly Single in L.A. (2012)
May 3
  • JFK: The Smoking Gun (2013)
May 4
  • Stealing Harvard (2002)
May 6
  • Finding Normal (2013)
May 7
  • JFK: A President Betrayed (2013)
May 9
  • Cheerful Weather for the Wedding (2012)
  • Tears of the Sun (2003)
May 10
  • The Score (2001)
May 12
  • The Ladykillers (2004)
May 13
  • Is the Man Who Is Tall Happy? (2013)
May 14
  • The Master of Disguise (2002)
  • Offender (2012)
May 15
  • A Pope For Everyone (2013)
  • Bratz: BFF: Best Friends Forever (2007)
  • The Greatest Places: IMAX (1999)
  • In Her Skin (2009)
  • Inhale (2010)
  • The Quest: Season 1 (2014)
  • Search for the Great Sharks: IMAX (1995)
  • Tiger Eyes (2012)
May 16
  • Blade Runner: Theatrical Cut (1982)
  • The Last Tyc00n (2012)
May 19
  • Peep World (2010)
May 21
  • Struck by Lightning (2012)
May 22
  • Ida (2013)
  • Stand Off (2012)
May 23
  • Black Hawk Down (2001)
May 27
  • Escape from Tomorrow (2013)
  • Run & Jump (2013)
  • Vanishing of the Bees (2009)
May 28
  • Barfi! (2012)
May 29
  • These Birds Walk (2013)
May 31
  • Clerks (1994)

dvdjamm

All Star
Daps
Reppin
California

Maria Bamford might not be the best-known comic working in Hollywood (not yet, anyway) but those who are familiar with her excruciatingly honest, absurd-yet-totally-relatable humor can't get enough of the woman who was the only good thing about Arrested Development's tragic fourth season on Netflix

And now Bamford, who made her name as a stand-up who spoke honestly about her struggles with bipolar disorder, has a Netflix series of her own. Lady Dynamite is a hybrid reality-scripted series about Bamford's rise to success and how it challenged her emotional and mental health.

The best line in the trailer: When a doctor asked if she's ever been diagnosed with a mental illness, she responds in a sing-song: "You say diagnosis, I say diag-yes-is."

Lady Dynamite premieres on Netflix on May 20th.