Essential Official Netflix Thread

Abstract83

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
A small group of diverse people all go to audition for a highly prized job. In the same room, they are all given a sheet of paper and a pencil, and told to write down the answer to an ambiguous question.

Fukkery ensues....:lolbron:
I just watched Circle and i thought it was a waste of 90mins. The Exam is actually better honestly.

Beer Drinker

Blue Moon Cappuccino Oatmeal Stout
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Watched The Gunman.

Glad I didn't pay to see it like I had planned. Not worth it.

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Netflix decided to take off The Shield on the 1st, so I binged for the final week. Made it to the end of Season 5, Lem :wow:.
I gotta buy the box set soon, only $30 on Amazon.:blessed:

Started Friday Night Lights and Power Rangers.

Cole Cash

They took a hammer and sickle to my back
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Maryland
@Malta @Cole Cash
I was watching "City of God" and Lil Ze'/Lil Di'ce(who is dark skinned) was calling other folks ******s. Was that a translation error in the subtitles, or do some Afro-Brazilians really do that?

It's been awhile since I seen I but "little Jose" and all then constantly said "crioulo" which is definately not like saying "Preto" or "negro". I'm on my phone but a lot of the movie was localized because "mane galinha" (chicken manny) doesn't sound as cool as knockout ned in English. It's been awhile so I don't remember all of it but yea.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Netflix Hints at Anime and Bollywood Original Programming

now viewing

Netflix Hints at Anime and Bollywood Original Programming
Kevin Cortez

Kevin Cortez
Netflix CEO Reed Hastings recently appeared onstage with New York Times journalist Andrew Ross Sorkin at a DealBook conference to speak on the streaming platform’s original programming in production. After discussing the critical success Netflix has enjoyed with its original programs—Orange Is the New Black, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, House of Cards, and Narcos being some of the highlights—Hastings hinted at what’s next: anime and Bollywood.

“We’re hopeful that we’ll over time make a great Bollywood show, make a great anime show,” Hastings shared. “It might not be that that Bollywood show is for [Showtime CEO] Matt Blank. It might be that it’s more segmented, but again the Internet let’s you do that.”

Yes, Reed Hastings owes it all to the Internet, which he says allowed Netflix to creatively “go beyond the normal spectrum to get quality.” He believes Narcos is a shining example of how the company’s found success through trying new things. Maybe the new formula for on-demand entertainment is taking a risk with big production?