Essential Official Netflix Thread

JJ Lions

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Inventing Anna....what the fukk is that accent? :mjtf:

Yeah, the accent is off which I found weird because she's a real good actress but that's how it was supposed to be since it was based on somebody real, who's accent was screwed up.

"Like everything else in Delvey’s story, her accent is a combination of truth and fantasy. Born in Russia but impersonating someone from Germany, Anna Delvey’s accent is a combination of some of the most dramatic linguistics in the world, and Inventing Anna actress Julia Garner went to great lengths to master it. When Anna was 16, her family moved to Germany and when she graduated high school, she moved to London, then to Paris, then finally to New York City in 2013. Considering this, Anna had many influences on her speech before arriving in the United States, where her accent was further individualized."

Inventing Anna: Does Anna Delvey Really Talk Like That? Her Accent Explained

3rdLetter

Pushin afros back to '76
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Qnz, NYC
Finished Inventing Anna :mjlol: This shyt really wanted you to feel bad for Anna and made you want to hate Rachel. They had the other journalists cheering her not guilty counts and other characters pissed at Rachel for dropping a dime like Anna wasn't a fukking menace:mjlol:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Finally finished Inventing Anna. It turned out slightly above average. Ruth's accent was horrible, but story was aight.
Not sure why this lawyer and reporter riding so hard for her at the end like she didn’t deserve time. bytch literally stole money and services, but this is how the real world thinks, white women are always the victim, wtf

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Not sure why this lawyer and reporter riding so hard for her at the end like she didn’t deserve time. bytch literally stole money and services, but this is how the real world thinks, white women are always the victim, wtf
crazy how they portrayed Rachel. She was a social media bird, but she was harmless. And they portrayed her like she was wrong for wanting $60k back and setting ole girl up to get arrested.

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
I'd never heard of Anna Sorokin. I thought it was just a show. Looking at her pics she's more plain Jane than Ruth. Overall it was pretty good show.

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
I’m going to finish Squid Games, what do y’all recommend next?