Official NBA Summer League Thread

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
What the fukk does that even mean? How is someone simultaneously more raw and more skilled at the same time?
It does make sense in this case. Matas isn't a polished player yet, he'll have plays where he handles and passes like a PG, then other plays where he just loses the ball trying to do too much.

Same with his shot, he can get to his spots and rise up whenever, so you can see the skillset pop, but his deep ball is not consistent. 4/12 from 3 through 2 games, with all 4 makes coming in the 2nd game. And if I'm not mistaken, he's had 3 airballs from 3 already

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
People want to show favoritism but both players can hoop. Matas is clearly the better prospect on the ball. To me, he reminds me of a more raw but more skilled Franz Wagner at the same stage.
It's a thing because of Matas comments about Zachary ducking the smoke during workouts pre-draft

That ATL/CHI Summer League game has my attention

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Buzelis is one flawed ass player, but his attitude alone shoulda had him going to Detroit.
Detroit and Charlotte preferring other wings lead him sliding to 11.

I'm still not sure how high his floor is tho. His ceiling is as high as anyone's in this draft, but his floor could be steep as well if he isn't an efficient scorer or gets better defending in space.