Official Nas Thread

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
IWW is my favorite album ever, but I think the run between Stillmatic/Lost Tapes/God Son sealed the deal for me. At that point he had the sales, longevity, influence and intangibles to always be at least mentioned among the best.

I could see Stillmatic being that for me as well.. Yeah, I agree. let me changed that....

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Yeah I always liked Nas from the It was Written/I am and the mixtape unreleased joints but that Stillmatic-Lost Tapes-God Son era was what cemented him as my fav MC. At that point also just before stillmatic dropped I finally heard Illmatic in full (heard the singles here and there growing up) and I think that with the QB finest stuff and the stuff he was rapping on those 01-03 albums (politics, old school, current beef, family things) just cemented him as the rapper I go to and always has the stuff I wanna here.

Some have come close (Lupe, Game, Kanye, Jay, Em) in recent years but hes still that dude for those subject matters I wanna hear and he always continued those convos or tried to give it a shot (HHID/Untitled and the topics on SD) so he was my fav MC from there on out

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's insane that Lost Tapes is so incredible. This is shyt that got cut. A collection of cuts that was studio left overs and its better than most official albums other artists put out. Usually when artist put out the left over studio track compilations its just to fill in time between albums and I be thinking "yeah i can see why this didnt make the album", but Lost Tapes is some dope ass creative concept tracks and just overall ill shyt. Nas is just gifted with this shyt.

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I too, always thought Nas was ill. Illmatic, It was written and I am, to me were fabulous. I even liked Nastradamus. But before Stillmatic, around the time when all his unreleased music was leaking, I started to really become a fan. It happened to be right at the time when jay z went at Nas. Stillmatic came out and dropped another bomb. Dude was always tight to me. Streets disciple was one that I was not overly impressed with however, the following def jam albums were huge improvements. I want of see another classic caliber studio album and another great lost tapes.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just curious got a question for the older heads

those that have been a Nas fan since illmatic ...when did YOU know he was the GOAT ?

Instantly when Illmatic dropped ? IWW ? Stillmatic?
IWW made a 12 year old kid feel Hip-Hop lyricsicm on a hundred, thousand, trillion:ohlawd:

criminology

hearse initiator
Daps
Reppin
Diamonds & Wood
Just curious got a question for the older heads

those that have been a Nas fan since illmatic ...when did YOU know he was the GOAT ?

Instantly when Illmatic dropped ? IWW ? Stillmatic?

A thug changes, loves changes and best friends become strangers

All over that melancholy sting sample.

I thought it was amazing at the time, but then I lost some best friends and it became even better. Ghostface was my overall favorite back then, but lines like that is what keeps nas on top.