Official Nas Thread

JAYVA110

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Jerzey City
I know its a pretty popular thing to say Swizz is wack, but Summer On Smash is tough!! I dont know wtf yall are hearing? I mean the hook is kinda generic but overall the song is dope.:yayo:

x2y

SOHH Stupid
Supporter
Daps
The bonus tracks are ill should have been part of the actual track list and made summer on smash a bonus.

Black Bond
:obama:

PasteGod

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
On the strength of Cherry Wine and Stay. This album dope.....the biggest triumph of the album is making. Music you would expect from a 38year old without being dated or pandering to a younger crowd. Nas music as usual stands on its own. Real art.

Populair

Guess what?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Just a Kid From Chicago
I'm only 1 and a half tracks in (on "Locomotive") and this dude HAS to be on some type of performance enhancing drug lyrically. It just hasn't been introduced to the world of music yet. This just doesn't make sense :snoop:.

Put another one on the board for Nas as far as great intros are concerned :wow:. Like I said, I haven't even made it pass "Locomotive", but this feels like some other shyt.... Like some classic shyt. I haven't gotten this feeling from a Nas album since Stillmatic.

:wow:

pbconnect

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
GTA
The only thing i can complain about is that they took the Supercat intro off The Don. I loved hearing him speak before the track began about suffering and REALITY:ohhh:

shyt i forgot about that.....they should have left him on

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY
Just off first listen:

No Introduction - 4.5/5
Loco-Motive - 4/5
A Queens Story - 5/5
Accident Murderers - 5/5
Daughters - 5/5
Reach Out - 4/5
World's an Addiction - 5/5
Summer on Smash - 4/5
You Wouldn't Understand - 5/5
Back When - 5/5
The Don - 4.5/5
Stay - 4.5/5
Cherry Wine - 5/5
Bye Baby - 5/5

No Introduction - 4.5/5
Loco-Motive - 5/5
A Queens Story - 5/5
Accident Murderers - 4.25/5
Daughters - 5/5
Reach Out - 4/5
World's an Addiction - 5/5
Summer on Smash - 3.75/5
You Wouldn't Understand - 4/5
Back When - 5/5
The Don - 4.5/5
Stay - 5/5
Cherry Wine - 5/5
Bye Baby - 5/5

Tres Leches

Empire Business
Daps
After listening to worlds an addiction...I finally understand summer on smash's purpose..nas gave us a 4minute breather kind of like a halftime break cause the rest of the cd is fire

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
On the strength of Cherry Wine and Stay. This album dope.....the biggest triumph of the album is making. Music you would expect from a 38year old without being dated or pandering to a younger crowd. Nas music as usual stands on its own. Real art.

nas is reminding me of Prince..this is how music is served..

Enzo

The Great
Daps
Reppin
DMV
this is an older Nas reminiscing on his life and it's pretty sick. But it's such a mellow album you have to be in the mood to hear it. Even the hard tracks aren't 90s queen grimy but more, you better respect me cause I do this OG grimy. Nas's last 3 albums are a pure tribute to his aging. HHID, Untitled & Distant Relatives and this adds to this last chapter of the Nas Saga.

It seems like there were 3 Nas eras

Illmatic-Nastradamus

Stillmatic-Streets Disciple

HHID - Current

Good addition though. Nas is a dope rapper and one of my favorite