Official Nas Thread

King Biko

A King With A Concubine
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
I got a homeboy with a record store and he sale albums early. If its shipped im a go try and buy it 2nite. If its in high demand im sure hes selling it

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
Best Buy ALWAYS gets new releases the Monday/Tuesday before they drop and usually keep them wrapped up on a palette in the back. I worked there when both HHID and Untitled dropped and it was the same thing. I remember being pissed cause my Manager wouldn't let me buy HHID early, telling me I couldn't break the street date:sadbron::childplease:

I worked at Best Buy too back in 2006...we used to get product early especially when there was a sale coming up. We'd just keep em in the back until the night before then we'd put em on the display table in the front of the store...

...I would have lost my job if I was still there and saw Merch unload Life Is Good off the truck :russ:

LucaBrasi

West Coast Legend
Daps
Reppin
California
Best Buy ALWAYS gets new releases the Monday/Tuesday before they drop and usually keep them wrapped up on a palette in the back. I worked there when both HHID and Untitled dropped and it was the same thing. I remember being pissed cause my Manager wouldn't let me buy HHID early, telling me I couldn't break the street date:sadbron::childplease:

Damn homie! I would've been like :pacspit: in my mind, but infront of dude I'd prolly be like :to:

edit - If it was Life Is Good tho, Lord knows what I would've done

379_0_1329817862.jpg

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Damn homie! I would've been like :pacspit: in my mind, but infront of dude I'd prolly be like :to:

That's exactly how I was. Dude knew I was huge Nas fan and I had the CD in my hand like "yo just let me cop it, won't tell anybody:lolbron:" and he was like ":usure: Nah We can't break the street date, especially on high profile releases"..

It wasn't so bad for Untitled because it leaked nearly 2 weeks prior so I wasn't fiending as hard, HHID didn't leak till like that Friday before release so I was starving:bryan:

S/N Kingdom Come came out that year just before black Friday and they wouldn't let ANYBODY besides Merch back in the room where they kept the shipments under damn near lock and key. THAT ended up being quite ironic for what turned out to be one of his weaker albums:leostare:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Etiquette question for my nikkas: when this feast is finally served, how you gonna approach it?

1. First course to last: start at track one, end at the end. Eating it all, b

2. Buffet style: tasting a bit of here n there, checking out different tracks first

3. or something else?

CaughtInTWebb

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big D, Texas
Etiquette question for my nikkas: when this feast is finally served, how you gonna approach it?

2. Buffet style: tasting a bit of here n there, checking out different tracks first

3. or something else?

First Course to last....bonus tracks are dessert....

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

3. or something else?

Slap it on my iPod and listen straight through. I might rewind here or there for a :yayo::ohmy::bow::ahh: moment.

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
Illmatic - 5/5
It Was Written - 5/5
I Am - 4/5
Nastradamus - 3.5/5
Stillmatic - 5/5
Lost Tapes - 5/5
God's Son - 4/5
Street's Disciple - 3.5/5
Hip Hop Is Dead - 4/5
Untitled - 4.5/5
Distant Relatives - 5/5

The nikka has 5 classic albums in his catalog.