Official Narcos: Mexico Season 3 Thread

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didn't mind season 2. All 3 seasons are entertaining but this last one ended kind of with a thud. Also the missing girl sub plot kind of bogged down the show.
I thought the missing girl aspect was important because it’s a direct result of the nafta deal and poverty. These murders are still happening even today

they’ve found thousands of bodies

the season did end with a thud, but hank taught u guys like him don’t go down

I had to force myself to finish last season

Daps
Just two episodes in…can someone explain what this CaC DEA agent was thinking? He goes to the dirty lot to catch the Mexicans with drugs under the guise that he’ll be their new gringo driver. Instead he notices the money so he aborts and tries to set up a sting to follow the money. How was he going to disappear (arrest) his connect and get out of being the driver without spooking the Mexicans? From the end of the episode it looks like Amado just got lucky with the timing, but I’m still failing to see why the CaC even thought stalling was a good idea.

BK360NATL

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’ve been pretty harsh in my criticism of Narcos, but after reflecting a bit on this last season, there might be a couple of reasons why the season went the way it did. Again, just spitballing here.

1. The location scout that got murked in Mexico. Apparently, real life crossed over the Hollywood and the streets didn’t want the attention that Narcos brought. They had to fallback on the storylines.

2. They had to finish the series with this season. If the storylines could not go deeper, (ex. exposing stuff not previously shown in the Chapo series or Lord Of The Skies series), then they may have been forced to add filler into the season, like….the missing women storyline and the overly-extensive DEA involvement, over focusing on the real Narcos storylines. Self-preservation and survival are successes too.

Seeing how the writer of Gomorra is under state protection for life in Italy, I could guess that Narcos folks didn’t want the same fate.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
As a season of TV it was straight. When I found out it was the LAST season I was :picard:

This shyt was a mess. It's not without it's highlights tho

We all know where Chapo ends up but they made his come up look organic without having to force foreshadowing. You naturally see his ambition + the cards lining up for him

That storyline with buddy looking for the serial killer didn't fit in this shyt at ALL wtf. Netflix got a huge problem with pandering to women and shoehorning "woke" shyt into their shows. You could tell they made him an informant JUST to try to link that incongruent ass plot point to the main story. You wanna make a show about the missing women in Mexico do it but gluing that shyt onto Narcos was weird as hell

Mayo stole every scene he was in

Walt is the best of all the Narco's white boys, who I did not give a FUKK about. Walt's obsession, spiral, and self assessment are a much better attempt at what they were trying to do with that wack ass white boy from Pablo's season one

In total it feels like they didn't really have a direction outside of showing Chapo's rise. The pacing is weird too like they really didn't have a solid way to end the series clean
thats it????? i didnt know its over

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
Just binged watched all three seasons :wow:

Season 3 might be the weakest to me... Mainly because Felix was a helluva character and Diego Luna did such a good job.

Pacho >>>>>>

Breh was Versace stepping everywhere sonning ppl eloquently :banderas:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
halfway thru…about to start ep 6…solid season so far…curious to see how the missing/dead girls tie into all of this

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
good season…pretty easy to marathon…shyt went by fast…I imagine the next one will be the final one with a heavy focus on el chapo…only character I felt bad about was that cop…fukked up shyt…sad how many women were/are killed smh…just read 1000 women were murdered the “same” way last year

Prolific

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
IMG_9020.jpg

They recaptured Rafa:ufdup: