Official March Madness 2023 thread

Schadenfreude

All Star
Daps
FAU coach just signed a big extension, plus Painter is a Purdue alum, they’re not gonna do him dirty.

He can be a Purdue alum -- the school itself makes constant changes to make sure they're in the top 10 in certain fields academically; why should the one sport they're known for be any different? Purdue traditionally is known for men's basketball; the fact that they've stuck with him this long with his lack of tournament success is odd, He'd have been fired a long time ago at any other school that's used to a modicum of basketball success in the tournament.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
He can be a Purdue alum -- the school itself makes constant changes to make sure they're in the top 10 in certain fields academically; why should the one sport they're known for be any different? Purdue traditionally is known for men's basketball; the fact that they've stuck with him this long with his lack of tournament success is odd, He'd have been fired a long time ago at any other school that's used to a modicum of basketball success in the tournament.
They’re not gonna fire him off a year where he got a 1 seed and won the B1G. It’s just not gonna happen.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
UCONN has beat every team they've played in this tournament by more than 20 points.

They were the "team" from the beginning of the year because they ran through their non-conference schedule which included bama.

Only thing I’m concerned with is Hawkins from UConn had the flu or something, he’s probably not gonna be 100%. UConn is the better team and should win though

Schadenfreude

All Star
Daps
They’re not gonna fire him off a year where he got a 1 seed and won the B1G. It’s just not gonna happen.

Maybe not, but if I were him, I'd be very, very careful next year, especially if Edey comes back. Because if Purdue doesn't make a deep run in the tournament next year, and they lose a game they should've won, easily, he's probably toast.