Official March Madness 2023 thread

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
Someone probably already noticed this, but i realized that FAU had a 9 seed yet could still win the tourney without having to beat anyone ranked higher than #15 in the top 25. That's just wild.

Meanwhile what a Tourney draw, lol.. :damn: From the final rankings, we played 2 top five teams and Uconn makes 3 top ten. Indiana was top 20 .. What a run..
And we STILL get no respect!

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Can’t believe
Kobe was trying to sell me on women’s basketball. Only watching cause of Miami
In his defense, it’s much better talent than it was on avg and sparking interest from little girls everywhere was really his primary prerogative. I feel like he’s accomplished the latter

his kid playing was gonna be a huge part of actually bringing in the eyes though. No doubt her UConn games woulda at least got a few main event slots on ESPN 1

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What did he say about the NIL and transfer portal?
Basically programs are able to buy teams now, he mentioned Miami specifically

"This is an awful place we're in in college basketball," he told reporters Saturday. "Pittsburgh bought a team. OK, fine. My [big donor] talks about it, but he doesn't give anyone any money. Nothing. Not one guy. Our guys make like $20,000. Wake Forest bought a team. Miami bought a team. ... It's like, 'Really, this is where we are?' That's really where we are, and it's only going to get worse."

He also argued it's the reason longtime Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski and Villanova coach Jay Wright "got out."

"The transfer portal and everything is nuts," Boeheim added.