Official Lovecraft Country Thread

KingCesar

All Star
Daps
I thought this was a pretty good episode, nice return to form after last week.

I will say that I haven’t really felt the climaxes of any of these, because the CGI just looks too bad for me to get into and I wish they wouldn’t rely on it so much. Any sense of dread the show may have been building to dies when they actually have to show the monsters, because they’re too goofy-looking. I have to imagine the possession of ‘Tic would have been several times more effective if instead they just relied on the actor to sell it rather than that weird, fast-forward motion with his head. Spielberg learned it with Jaws, sometimes less is more, y’know. :yeshrug:

But the show is really good at selling the horror of more mundane examples of racism and contrasting that against the more fantastical examples. The cross burning, Leti getting interrogated by the police, the white guys breaking in, etc. I also love that the racists always get their comeuppance at the end of these things, too. Most of all, I love that it was just a simple haunted house story. Obviously, with Christina showing up at the end, there’s a macro plot weaving throughout all of this but that wasn’t the point like it was last week. That gets kept to the background while we deal with the plot of the episode.

Last edited:

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The first part of this episode had me zoning out, but I really started to get into it towards the middle. Every episode seem to have a few dry spots, but once it get going, they really start cooking.

No Sleep

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Souf Caro
Good Ep... Still kind of felt they had a lot of choppy parts going on this just didn't fit maybe because the dialogue was too quick.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Yeah, I enjoyed this better than episode 2 :ehh:

The uneasiness in the beginning of dealing with the aftermath of George's death. George's wife feeling something is off about the events of his death :leostare:

I thought Tic might have had something back in Korea due to the phone call from ep 1:patrice:, but he couldn't resist Letti for long :takedat:.

Letti sold the hell out of that scene at the end casting the ghosts out.

"I thought you were a fukk-up, instead you're just fukked up" :picard: Gonna have to work on her relationship with her sister though.

Christina still trying to use Tic for her fukkery :francis:

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Only thing I hope does NOT happen is the “White woman is the friend of the Negro” trope. That shyt INFURIATES me that they always try to portray white women as less savage and racist than white men. I hope they’re trying to pull an okie doke with that bullshyt.
:scust:I CRINGED WITH THEY THREW IN THAT
"WE (black men) CAN VOTE BEFORE YALL (cac women)" LINE.

:devil:
:evil: