Official Lovecraft Country Thread

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
We had breakfast while we were waiting for the rain to stop, and I can still envision sitting with the Clowns in a restaurant behind Griffith Stadium and hearing them break all the plates in the kitchen after we finished eating. What a horrible sound. Even as a kid, the irony of it hit me: here we were in the capital in the land of freedom and equality, and they had to destroy the plates that had touched the forks that had been in the mouths of black men. If dogs had eaten off those plates, they'd have washed them - hank aaron

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
Just like WatchMan, this show is all types of:mjpls:with a sprinkle of:dame:.

The agenda continues.:scusthov:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Yeah, I watch HBO Max on my PS4 and had to search for it when I started to watch around 9 :francis:

Killer 1st episode :ehh:. I really like the fact they hit the ground running and kept the momentum going. That opening was :pachaha:

Also liked the fact they didn't waste time getting to the Lovecraft monsters, and it wasn't just going to be them running away from racist cops :pacspit:

Uncle George with those bad knees :francis:, I know his wife wants adventure but with all the fukkery they faced in ep 1 she might need to chill at home.

When he kept calling Leticia - girl :mjlol:, until she hit him with the :usure:.

Jurnee though and her sister :takedat:

Miles Davis

Prince of Darkness
Daps
Reppin
Bebop
This show is a horror geeks wet dream. References, social commentary, dope acting, mystery at the center of it and monsters as metaphors :wow:
Breh it’s gonna be more than that from the preview. I thought we were just getting some horror, mystery and cosmic horror but it’s looking like we getting some team adventure ala old school Jonny Quest:wow:

And the leads are all black:banderas:

Like it never hit me how much I needed or wanted to see all black leads until watching things like Black Panther and Da 5 Bloods, shot is beautiful:mjcry:

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
70003a9021a27156f57ae141dd1cc4599df226dc.gif

4fc0714b65014946c9a86c0348c4688fdc3ebd5e.gif

tenor.gif

36cf5708460fcdee53973e68aa6d39e7386ac307.gif
ass eaten on sight

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
very good pilot episode...well shot which I mean every show is now a days :russ:great acting and paced extremely well and horror was cooked perfectly :cook:

somethings I had a problem with were the use of modern music in period pieces, just not a fan of that :francis: other thing was maybe I missed but where did they get the flares from.

Also, if shows are going to try an include gay characters, they gotta do it in ways that don't come off as them going down checklists just to get props from some board or twitter. I mean you got a whole episode showing how being Black out in the open put your life in danger yet getting caught being gay is just some "oh wow...uhh my fault :hubie:" scene...c'mon now :usure:either properly show how all this shyt is seen in the world in 1950s/60s or don't insult people's intelligence

other than that, very good debut :obama:

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
:wow: great first episode.... looking forward to the rest of the season. My dog Uncle George got his knees whipped by some CACs :mjcry: so he might not be able to maneuver like the youngins. He coulda died three times in this episode

and you have nikkaz on the coli who said life was better for blacks under segregation

:dwillhuh: No fukkin way. nikkas couldn't even really move around good until after the Civil Rights movement. And you still have sundown towns today.

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
very good pilot episode...well shot which I mean every show is now a days :russ:great acting and paced extremely well and horror was cooked perfectly :cook:

somethings I had a problem with were the use of modern music in period pieces, just not a fan of that :francis: other thing was maybe I missed but where did they get the flares from.

Also, if shows are going to try an include gay characters, they gotta do it in ways that don't come off as them going down checklists just to get props from some board or twitter. I mean you got a whole episode showing how being Black out in the open put your life in danger yet getting caught being gay is just some "oh wow...uhh my fault :hubie:" scene...c'mon now :usure:either properly show how all this shyt is seen in the world in 1950s/60s or don't insult people's intelligence

other than that, very good debut :obama:
Same way I felt about the gay scene. It's like they just wanted it to appear in the LGBT search queue by adding in a gay scene. It had absolutely nothing to do with anything.

Modern music threw me off too.

I'm usually not a fan of revealing monsters so early either but it appears there will be tons more so it's only so long they could hide them.