Official Logan (Wolverine 3) Thread

Daps
Buncha disney kids in here i see. Yall being way too pc.

Both movies had sex scenes, terminator had cutting out eye balls, ripping out guts, murdering woman and beating naked dudes to a bloody pulp and commando had chopping off arms, cutting off scalps and impalings never mind just as high a bodycount as logan. All cuz logan has a serious tone dont mean the gratuitous killing in all 3 flicks wasnt similar. Terminator was a cartoon?wolverine IS a cartoon

Those are just 2 of the flicks we watched as kids.. i just used them as examples:.. predator 1 n 2. Robocop 1 n 2. Those movies wete HARD Rs and had to be toned down.

Logan is not even CLOSE to a hard R

Idk what movie yall saw but yall actung like logan was spilling guts n skinning dudes alive. It had a few raw kills but most of em was a lil blood but nothing kids dont see in video games. Most the kills were quick cuts anyway as wolverine sliced 10 baddies in as many seconds --- nothing was that bad. And for a 8 year old?

An 8 year old is full prepated to watch a r movie with violence. At 8 i was already listening to hardcore hip hop and nightmare on elm street flicks and playing mortal kombar and doom... cmon now. Acting like they wouldnt understand the plot either.. lmao. 8 isnt 4. Yall must think u need to be 13 to watch pg 13s lmao.

Robocop 1 n 2, predator 2 were way more graphic and robocop had saturday morning cartoons and all those movies (predator robo terminator) had toys despite being rated r

Logan is NOT that graphic. Yall need to stop. Ol fox and the hound watching 8 year olds. 8 you pretty much understand the world by then except maybe sex and that aint too far away either
I agree Terminator and Robocop sound more graphic... but as for your other argument I was the opposite of you as an 8 yr old I have a little cousin like that... not all 8 yr olds can handle that level of violence or understand the difference between a film/game and real life.

Daps
It might just be me but this film reminded me heavily of the video game The Last Of Us. The relationship between Joel and Elle has more than a few similarities to the relationship between Logan and Laura. The overarching plot is almost exactly the same... Joel/Logan are given the task of taking the miracle child across the United States to a mythical Eden that they're both pretty sure doesn't even exist. Both Laura and Elle are ignorant/innocent about the environment around them because of the nature of how they were raised. Joel and Logan have become jaded and hardened by the destruction of the world that they knew and loved but find it within themselves to be good father figures even though they're flawed.

The film had some specific commentary about immigration and about how America is very often not what it's cracked up to be for all the hopeful immigrants who only know it by its storied (comic-like?) reputation. At the same time it makes the argument that when people are in fear for their lives in their own land that the only humane option is to seek out another... Not sure how I feel about the politics this movie gets into. At times it seemed too on the nose and at times it didn't take enough of a clear position.

O/A it was a good film with great performances from the leads, best X men movie that I've seen by far.
Logan looked like Joel too:whoo: the whole survival road trip nature of the film and the girl could hold her own in fact more than Ellie could Logan had a better ending than TLOU though.

The scene with the black family reminded me of when Ellie and Joel encountered Henry and Sam. Very very similar...:patrice:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
nah it fukked me up when i saw a film with extreme gore at a young age I only fully got over it recently and I'm 26 there was a point where I wouldn't wanna be in the same room because of the squishing noises. As long as it ain't real I'm good now.
Sorry to hear that bruh, which movie u referring to if u don't mind me asking?

Daps
Saw it last weekend and no way is this guy

logan-professor-x-dinner.png

and this guy

1988-eriq-lasalle-jheri-curl-bhm-450a022009.jpg

the same actor
it's still him just:flabbynsick:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Logan looked like Joel too:whoo: the whole survival road trip nature of the film and the girl could hold her own in fact more than Ellie could Logan had a better ending than TLOU though.

The scene with the black family reminded me of when Ellie and Joel encountered Henry and Sam. Very very similar...:patrice:

1408.gif

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
:salute:

And to answer your question...
they're humans who get cybernetic implants, essentially giving them their own version of mutant gifts (though on a much smaller scale). initially they start as mercenaries. but donald pierce puts them on their true path: destroying mutants, and beating the shyt out of wolverine and the x-men whenever they get the chance.

back when they put wolverine on the cross, it actually meant something. my uncle passed me his collection (:banderas:) and back then it used to take wolverine days, sometimes weeks to heal. and it always felt like if someone did enough damage, he might not heal at all. they nerfed his healing factor in the 90s to the point where he was surviving nuclear explosions, but he wasnt originally supposed to be THAT durable. i think by making him older, and devolving his healing factor, they're trying to bring that "he might not survive this :damn:"-piff back.
Yep the old books >>>

I might have to reopen some books i swore to myself i'd never open again:why:

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

Clive42

All Star
Daps
I mean dude is pushing 60. He still has that cracked look other than somewhat of a fat body

Yh when you look carefully the resemblance is there and i know Coming to America was 3 decades ago

But I was just shocked when i first found and would never have guessed it was him