Official Kyler Murray Black Excellence thread: Year 5; A New Hope

Will Kyler Murray represent the race proudly?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hypris

Superstar
Daps

Even though the last game wasn't his best game, Kyler's improving this year. He doesn't just rely on Hopkins. He spreads the ball around. He doesn't completely rely on his legs either. He scrambles when he has to and only has a few designed runs a game. He's becoming a well balanced elite QB. He just has to chill with the turnovers.

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO

Even though the last game wasn't his best game, Kyler's improving this year. He doesn't just rely on Hopkins. He spreads the ball around. He doesn't completely rely on his legs either. He scrambles when he has to and only has a few designed runs a game. He's becoming a well balanced elite QB. He just has to chill with the turnovers.

Benjamin Sisko

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Rams open as big favorites vs. undefeated Cardinals in Week 4

But the Cardinals look better than they have in recent years, leading the league in scoring, ranking third in yards and allowing the 11th-fewest points and yards in the NFL. Kyler Murray is tied with Matthew Stafford as the favorite to win MVP, throwing for 1,005 yards and seven touchdowns with another 70 yards and three touchdowns rushing.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps

Yea I really thought he might get to the division games with just 1 or 2 turnovers. Never would have guessed 4. Although one of those was a missed facemask by the ref.

He's gotta protect the football vs the Rams to give the Cardinals a shot. His turnovers against the Rams in previous years killed their chances of winning (outside of the game he got hurt in)

Benjamin Sisko

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO

Honestly this is the best year to beat the McVeigh.

Kyler has immensely improved from last year by stepping up in the picket, throwing in the middle, scrambling and keeping his eyes down field. Other things got to be worked on but I have no doubt that he will improve on that aspect as well. The addition of Hudson on offense and Watts on the defensive end brings toughness and nastiness we haven’t had since Darnell Dockett.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Even tho the Cards are 3-0, I'm still not completely buying in just yet.They've had about 3-4 dominant quarters on offense, but I'm still waiting for that complete game.Haven't seen it since Kingsbury got here.The win against the Titan's was maybe the closest.That's the best game of the Kingsbury era so far.Other than that, the offense is just mystifying.They fluctuate between looking completely dominant one drive, and utter garbage the next.No middle ground.A lot of that is do to Kliffs odd, timid play calling.Plus Kyler seems to hate making the safe pass.Especially in the 3rd qtr for some reason.I believe 3 of his 4 ints came in the 3rd Q.On defense, shyt's going in reverse.I expected the pass defense to be azz & the run defense to be stout.Pleasantly surprised by the defensive backfield so far.Best they've played since the Todd Bowles era.Byron Murphy is balling.Marco Wilson's already the best rookie CB we've drafted since Patrick Peterson.Dude is sticky in coverage.Majorly disappointed in the run defense.If this team can finally put together a complete game, they definitely have the offensive firepower to hang with the Rams.The Rams normally stomp a mud hole in our azz.I think they've won the last 5 games by an average of 20 points or some wild shyt like that They're our worst match up in the league.I see the Cardinals either winning on a last second FG, or losing by 7- 10 points

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Been looking like a young Aeneas Williams out there.Turning into a great pick.I remember Keim saying the Cards scout team had him ranked as one of the 5 best players in his draft class.Them Washington DB's doing us justice.Marco Wilson looking better than most of the 1st rd CB's taken over the last few years.Who would've thought we'd have the CB position sewed up going into the season?:ohhh:.Much better than Patrick Peterson.Breh might be one of the most overrated players of the last decade.Been mediocre since 2016.Not just saying that because he moved on to the Vikes.I've said it for years.Cards burned him for 2 td's couple weeks back.Felt good to be on the other side.The side taking advantage of his mediocrity.Them young CB's ballin, tho.And they've gone up against som pretty damn formidable WR corps:ehh:...Rams about to push em to the limit.Can't wait.