Official John Wick (Keanu Reaves) Thread

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I'm saying lol. Some shyt can't get credit for just being incredibly dope?
I mean damn every movie doesn't have to be some crazy original story or idea. This film was done as well as any other pure action film and keanu elevates everything with his performance. The world building shyt was done really well too, the film left me wanting to know more about that universe. And more keanu obviously.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I mean damn every movie doesn't have to be some crazy original story or idea. This film was done as well as any other pure action film and keanu elevates everything with his performance. The world building shyt was done really well too, the film left me wanting to know more about that universe. And more keanu obviously.

Exactly. That's like a friend of mine who seemingly will only give a movie credit if it shows him something he's never seen before. Doesn't matter if it's executed terribly. He gave the happening props because it spoke about global warming......yeah okay and?

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Exactly. That's like a friend of mine who seemingly will only give a movie credit if it shows him something he's never seen before. Doesn't matter if it's executed terribly. He gave the happening props because it spoke about global warming......yeah okay and?
Rofl I gave that movie a legitimate open minded try, it's easily a top5 WOAT for me

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Rofl I gave that movie a legitimate open minded try, it's easily a top5 WOAT for me

It's awful. But he wanted to give it a pass because it "introduced global warming to people" :francis:

That's my homie and all but nah lol. I don't care if a movie shows me something I've never seen before. If it's executed horribly then the shyt can get the bushes

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
sxfyrvprwwmx.jpg

new poster :wow: keanugawd

:wow:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The Keanu Reeves-starring action movie John Wick was a fair-sized hit when it was released in October 2014. But the film proved to have a long tail as more and more viewers discovered this story of a retired hitman who seeks vengeance following the murder of his dog — and the New York hotel which acts as a place of neutral safety for killers. One result of that? Fans kept hitting director Chad Stahelski and his producer/creative partner David Leitch (who co-directed the first film with Stahelski) with a lot of questions and demands.

“People kept asking us in the year after the movie came out, ‘We’d like to see more about the hotel,’” Stahelski tells EW. “ ‘We’d like to see more about all the different characters.’ ‘What is this underworld where everyone’s the best?’”

Stahelski promises that those subjects will be addressed in John Wick: Chapter 2 (out Feb. 10, 2017), which finds Reeves’ Wick dealing with the consequences of murdering many, many people in the first film.

“What’s it like to be in a world like this? That’s what we really wanted to expand on,” the director says. “Me and the other creators on the show, my partner and the other producers, the biggest attraction to us about filmmaking really is creating a universe, and creating a world, and creating a little bit of escape. That’s really what we focused on and we’re hoping that’s what comes across in the second movie.”

New cast members include Common and Orange Is the New Blackstar Ruby Rose. Another newcomer to the world of John Wick is Laurence Fishburne, who worked with Stahelski on the Matrixtrilogy back when the director was a stuntman and stunt coordinator.

“I loved working with him,” Stahelski says. “So we made a call and he was more than gracious and more than willing to come help.” So can he tell us a little about the part Fishburne is playing? “Laurence’s character, we just call him ‘The Bowery King,’” the spoiler-averse filmmaker teases.

Stahelski is more illuminating on the amount of mayhem featured in the sequel. “I would say we had twice as much action as the first movie,” he says about the shoot. “We took it all a full notch up as far as the driving car stuff went. A great portion of the car chase in the opening of the film is Keanu, which is very impressive.”

'John Wick: Chapter 2' First Look: Director Says Sequel Will Feature Twice As Much Action

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
Well this is the prequel right? Makes sense it'd have more action if they're about to show the impossible job John had to do to buy himself out of the assassin life :wow:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Well this is the prequel right? Makes sense it'd have more action if they're about to show the impossible job John had to do to buy himself out of the assassin life :wow:

No, it's a sequel. And that's a good thing too. I don't know why people insist on wanting things clearly designed to be left to their imagination spelled out for them. The story of John Wick's impossible job mythologizes him. Showing it happen would completely take the myth away.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)

yessir, keanu has NEVER set the world on fire with his acting, but this movie was AWESOME, and I too wanna get more insight to this universe they created in the first film.

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
No, it's a sequel. And that's a good thing too. I don't know why people insist on wanting things clearly designed to be left to their imagination spelled out for them. The story of John Wick's impossible job mythologizes him. Showing it happen would completely take the myth away.
Exactly. Don't ruin the mystique of that story. Trying to put it into actualization will probably lead to more disappointment than awe.