Official Hateful Eight Thread

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Scuse me Nephew, but do you mind explaining whats the big deal of a 70mm movie to a hood nicca like me?

I dont get it... preciate in advance

Its going to have 6 minutes additional footage plus an overture and intermission.

Plus its on film and 70mm has those wide beautiful shots

I don't think that list is final.. it was supposed to be around 100 theaters.
It Just Got a Lot Harder to See ‘The Hateful Eight’ in 70mm

Bobhoward

Baseball Ready
Daps
Its going to have 6 minutes additional footage plus an overture and intermission.

I guess thats what happens when you release your three hour, rated R Western a week after Star Wars and expect AMC/Cinemark ect to put your movie on the biggest screen in the house :snoop:

I'm about 3 hours away from Detroit :francis:.... I'll probably make the drive.

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Looking forward to this especially with that Gay Wars The F@g Awakens bullsh!t coming real soon. It's nice too see real films with substance getting shine.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

:patrice: Yea..... I still dont get the big deal of 70mm... like its like everytime I see a trailer or read about this movie they push it as a MAJOR selling point ala how 3D was pushed with Avatar. Though I will admit..... that did redeem itself in the end but how to push something so heavy to the masses without fully explaining the benefits and showing some contrast.

:dwillhuh:I appreciate you help but sorry breh, I still dont get it.....:francis: I'm just gonna go search for a youtube clip or something and if I still dont get it.... fukk this movie, will catch it on the stream:rudy:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
:patrice: Yea..... I still dont get the big deal of 70mm... like its like everytime I see a trailer or read about this movie they push it as a MAJOR selling point ala how 3D was pushed with Avatar. Though I will admit..... that did redeem itself in the end but how to push something so heavy to the masses without fully explaining the benefits and showing some contrast.

:dwillhuh:I appreciate you help but sorry breh, I still dont get it.....:francis: I'm just gonna go search for a youtube clip or something and if I still dont get it.... fukk this movie, will catch it on the stream:rudy:
Breh just watch the digital one then. Only select theaters will have it in 70 mm but everyone else will have a normal 6 min shorter digital one when it goes wide 2 weeks later.

Found this to answer your question:

From an audience standpoint, it’s a much crisper, brighter, and ideally more uniform and stable image,” he explains. Essentially, the difference between 35mm and 70mm is similar to the difference between DVD and Blu-ray, if switching from DVD to Blu-ray also made your television bigger.

The wider, sharper image allows viewers to see, as McLaren puts it, “details in these films that you have just never, ever seen before.” He also points out that most theaters project films at a resolution of about 2,000 pixels, which is comparable to Blu-ray. However, the restoration scan of Lawrence of Arabia was scanned at about [8,000 pixels], “and the negative had even more information than that. There’s just so much more going on in these 70mm prints than even on your Blu-ray.”

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Breh just watch the digital one then. Only select theaters will have it in 70 mm but everyone else will have a normal 6 min shorter digital one when it goes wide 2 weeks later.

Found this to answer your question:

From an audience standpoint, it’s a much crisper, brighter, and ideally more uniform and stable image,” he explains. Essentially, the difference between 35mm and 70mm is similar to the difference between DVD and Blu-ray, if switching from DVD to Blu-ray also made your television bigger.

The wider, sharper image allows viewers to see, as McLaren puts it, “details in these films that you have just never, ever seen before.” He also points out that most theaters project films at a resolution of about 2,000 pixels, which is comparable to Blu-ray. However, the restoration scan of Lawrence of Arabia was scanned at about [8,000 pixels], “and the negative had even more information than that. There’s just so much more going on in these 70mm prints than even on your Blu-ray.”

gotcha! preciate nephew:salute: