[Official] Google 10/04/17 Launch Event Thread UPDATE: DISAPPOINTMENT

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I see people on here thinking about buying the Pixel Buds but ain't got no Pixel phone. I guess this feature will eventually make its way to other phones
I have a Nexus 6P... I was under the impression the buds work with Android devices, is that a Pixel exclusive feature?

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
I see people on here thinking about buying the Pixel Buds but ain't got no Pixel phone. I guess this feature will eventually make its way to other phones

Who's stated they are getting the buds without owning a pixel or nexus?
I have a Nexus 6P... I was under the impression the buds work with Android devices, is that a Pixel exclusive feature?

Doubt it

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
How Google’s Pixel Buds compare to Apple’s AirPods

You’ll be able to use the Pixel Buds with other phones, with Google Assistant features working on any Assistant-enabled Android device, and the fast pairing working on any phone running Android N or higher. The language translation is exclusive to Pixel Buds used with a Pixel phone. So they’re similar to AirPods in that you won’t get the complete experience when using them with other phones, but a few more features travel with Pixel Buds than with AirPods.

My estimation is that it will work on any device running Android Oreo (and obviously devices running google assistant). Not every phone right now is running Oreo so that's why they're promoting it as an exclusive, obviously

Typical Knicks Fan

F-ing Knicks.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York
Pixel 2 and 2 XL review—The best Android phone you can buy

It's a good thing I went with the smaller version built by HTC. I knew LG would fukk up again. This time the display isn't as good as the other quad HD displays and the Samsung 1080p panel is better at displaying colors than the LG pOLED.

Hopefully it doesn't start to bootloop on people.

TransJenner

Banned
Daps
Literally 0 reason to remove the fukkin headphone jack. I'll stick with my note 8
For business it makes sense ,

They want you to BUY there wireless headphones

Same thing with Apple , only reason they took out the jack is so you can buy Beats

Typical Knicks Fan

F-ing Knicks.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York
I just got the Pixel 2 and I'm impressed. The reception is so much better than the Nexus 5x. The glass visor on the back really helps. The taptic engine is also better. It's a subtle feeling and it's feels much better than any Android phone I've had.

Last edited:

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
I just got the Pixel 2 and I'm impressed. The reception is so much better than the Nexus 5x. The glass visor on the back really helps. The topic engine is also better. It's a subtle feeling and it's feels much better than any Android phone I've had.

How crowded is the pop-up spot? Is there a line like last time? Do they sell the Home Minis too?

I might stop by there after work.

• Dap
Reactions: R=G

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
I just got the Pixel 2 and I'm impressed. The reception is so much better than the Nexus 5x. The glass visor on the back really helps. The topic engine is also better. It's a subtle feeling and it's feels much better than any Android phone I've had.
Mine doesn't come in until end of the month. The only real complaint I have seen is that some people don't like the sRGB color profile Google is using. They say it gives certain parts of the screen a washed/blurred look. But Google stated they used this color profile to ensure the Pixel & XL showed colors accurately since that is a niche that no other phone manufactures are tapping into at the moment.

Typical Knicks Fan

F-ing Knicks.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York
The screen looks better on the Pixel 2 than the XL. The issue people are having is with the LG pOLED screen. This screen is far better than the screen on my Nexus 5x. Nothing looks washed out.

I didn't t go to the pop-up shop. FedEx delivered mine this morning.

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: R=G

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast