Official Ghostbusters (2016) Thread

The Watcher

Judging you from afar
Daps
Reppin
Peepholes
The only way I want to see Kate McKinnon in this movie is if she does it entirely as Justin Bieber. That impression is the only funny thing about her.

Daps
Reppin
Cali
This would be my Ghostbusters cast

Will Forte-Peter
Seth Rogan-Ray
Michael Fassenbender-Egon
Craig Robinson-Winston

What y'all think? :whew:

On board with those 3, especially Fassbender:russ:
Never really found Will Forte funny :ld:
I say, if Bill Murray is up for it, he can reprise his role and (after a death scene:to:) Michael Cera can jump in and take over the lead as his long lost son :blessed:

:troll:

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
On some "just in case the chick version flops" shyt :heh: That's rough.

Channing Tatum though? :aicmon:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
they never cease to surprise me. I guess this is gonna be a trend now. Why make one movie, when we can slap the ol' "cinematic universe" tag on em and make a couple at once? Why can't there be Ghostbuster offices set up across the country? This one will probably take place in Cali. Then down the line they can finally get around to having Tatum and McCarthy meet in Ghostbusters Assemble.

What should the Wonder Woman movie be? "fukk if I know, commission 9 writers to pen their version and we'll pick one."

Channing Tatum is good in the Jump Street movies... why the fukk don't I want to watch him in literally anything else? I guess this is a format he can work in though b/c of those movies... and the Russo Brothers may have the best Marvel movie to date. I go back and forth on that a lot, but Winter Soldier is an excellent movie.

all that said... don't want, care about, or need a Ghostbusters cinematic universe.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
You talking about the female lead in that poor excuse of a reboot, where they found the alien ship...:comeon:

That shyt made no sense.:beli:

Duke tried to write it like some Tarantino start of the ending type deal.
totally ruined the aesthetic of the original and smh, at the dog chase scene.

Art Barr

RJY33

master of reality
Daps
probably panicked after literally no one was excited about this female team. ghostbuster fans were mostly negative and the general public just sees it as another goofy melissa mccarthy movie. studio probably thought best case scenario they break even and at worst its a huge bomb. paul feig got lucky with bridesmaids riding off the coattails of the hangover movies, but it is just as bad and unfunny as the rest of his movies. there was no shared universe ideas a few months ago. this was 100% reactionary to public opinion.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
probably panicked after literally no one was excited about this female team. ghostbuster fans were mostly negative and the general public just sees it as another goofy melissa mccarthy movie. studio probably thought best case scenario they break even and at worst its a huge bomb. paul feig got lucky with bridesmaids riding off the coattails of the hangover movies, but it is just as bad and unfunny as the rest of his movies. there was no shared universe ideas a few months ago. this was 100% reactionary to public opinion.

Paul Fieg didn't do "The Hangover" movies. That was Todd Phillips.

RJY33

master of reality
Daps
Paul Fieg didn't do "The Hangover" movies. That was Todd Phillips.

I know. I meant that he rode the wave of success that the Hangover movies had with the public. They marketed Bridesmaids as a female Hangover movie, complete with Melissa Mccarthy as the "Alan" character.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I read in a different forum a long time ago, dude had an idea for a rated R Ghostbusters. Kind of a serious take with scarier ghosts, realistic type violence. I liked the idea since there's no way the original flick can be matched.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I know some people here are on board for Feig's take and some aren't but this right here is awesome in my eyes:

“The biggest thing I’ve heard for the last four months is, ‘Thanks for ruining my childhood,’” he continued. “It’s going to be on my tombstone when I die. It’s so dramatic. Honestly, the only way I could ruin your childhood is if I got into a time machine and went back and made you an orphan.”

So damn glad some director, any director, finally said this.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03...-director-paul-feig-on-ruining-your-childhood

Conz

Superstar
Daps
I know some people here are on board for Feig's take and some aren't but this right here is awesome in my eyes:

So damn glad some director, any director, finally said this.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03...-director-paul-feig-on-ruining-your-childhood
what did this jackass expect? Do you not know how the internet works? You expected everyone to bow down and applaud a reboot of a 20+ year franchise with all women? the script could be incredible and the idea still seems fukkin stupid. dude has been pretty arrogant about it in all honesty. the way he was talking about it prior to the announcement almost made it feel like he knew people would be mad, but he was still gonna do it.