Official FGC thread (Streams, Pop-offs, fukkery) **EVO 2024 TOP 8 TODAY**

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
If they don't move over to ultimate, melee is staying. It's too much money on the table unless Nintendo flexes on EVO.

Melee needs to end on saturday or be played at like 7 am. Its been 15+ years its time for it to finally be on its way out. People will watch ultimate, people will drop melee if the money dries up and tournaments stop enabling people

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Melee needs to end on saturday or be played at like 7 am. Its been 15+ years its time for it to finally be on its way out. People will watch ultimate, people will drop melee if the money dries up and tournaments stop enabling people

Believe me breh I want that shyt to die, but that autismo community is huge. They literally revived Melee at EVO thanks to that charity drive. The money will always be there thanks to that community. If the smash gods don't leave for Ultimate those weebs aren't going anywhere.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Believe me breh I want that shyt to die, but that autismo community is huge. They literally revived Melee at EVO thanks to that charity drive. The money will always be there thanks to that community. If the smash gods don't leave for Ultimate those weebs aren't going anywhere.

fukking Melee ain't going nowhere unfortunately

Nintendo dun blessed these fools with the ultimate collection of every damn character ever and they still rumbling about not being able to do so and so....

Them dusty non bath taking mufukkas are too damn stubborn

Them nikkas might as well stop making smash games if they just gonna keep playing that same boring bullshyt :snoop:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
fukking Melee ain't going nowhere unfortunately

Nintendo dun blessed these fools with the ultimate collection of every damn character ever and they still rumbling about not being able to do so and so....

Them dusty non bath taking mufukkas are too damn stubborn
may as well just give them all of saturday and go full shill/convention to stretch things out

maybe narrow down people to one or two games too - people were on hold because players were between 3 tournaments at once

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I

If it keeps growing like this EVO is gonna have to start on Thursday or get a bigger venue.

Or drop Smash
This aint about growth. This EVO aint even bigger than last year. DEFINITELY not bigger than 2016

Dbfz IS JUST TOO LONG. A game with minimum 4 minute matches is too long my nikka

I called this shyt back in January

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
This aint about growth. This EVO aint even bigger than last year. DEFINITELY not bigger than 2016

Dbfz IS JUST TOO LONG.

Evo needed to make 3 changes:

SF5 shouldnt have been FT3 the whole way through.

DBFZ needed to be FT2 the whole way through.

Melee should either start at 7AM their time or just end on saturday.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive

Dbfz IS JUST TOO LONG. A game with minimum 4 minute matches is too long my nikka

Breh it's a 15% increase over the last year. New Guilty Gear coming, Soul Calibur 6 on the way, Possible Fatal Fury and Persona 5 Arena; plus continued support of legacy titles only means growth.

I do agree DBFZ ate up time and summoning dragons don't help.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Evo needed to make 3 changes:

SF5 shouldnt have been FT3 the whole way through.

DBFZ needed to be FT2 the whole way through.

Melee should either start at 7AM their time or just end on saturday.
Sf5 ain't 3/5 till semis bro

I agree with melee ending on Saturday, or at the least, the scene going off to do their own thing like they threaten to do every year

None of this changes that Dbfz is way too long tho