Official FGC thread (Streams, Pop-offs, fukkery) **EVO 2024 TOP 8 TODAY**

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also

In this big scramble where people are trying to figure out how to play SF5(this game is a huge shift in ways I don't think people grasp yet) Punk is one of prob 3 people that I feel like is actually playing SF5

This game is setplay and offense offense offense and Punk has GOAT offense right now

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
So glad to see a breh running shyt on SFV :banderas:

Got a feeling the Japanese contingent bout to get they knowledge up and put a hit on the young Gawd. Son has a target on his head, and everyone is going to be coming for him....

FaygoMI

All Star
Daps
Punk just came out of nowhere. Who does this nikka train with?

I know him, Du and Smug play online a lot with each other.

Maybe he just plays that much, but he knows what to do in every situation. Maybe he's a training mode monster.

But I feel with this game being decision based that being a training mode guy isn't better than just play but a lot guy.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Also

In this big scramble where people are trying to figure out how to play SF5(this game is a huge shift in ways I don't think people grasp yet) Punk is one of prob 3 people that I feel like is actually playing SF5

This game is setplay and offense offense offense and Punk has GOAT offense right now
THIS

The current thuggery/fukkery is exactly the false hype this boring game needed to make it watchable. Can't wait for Evo...

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know him, Du and Smug play online a lot with each other.

Maybe he just plays that much, but he knows what to do in every situation. Maybe he's a training mode monster.

But I feel with this game being decision based that being a training mode guy isn't better than just play but a lot guy.
This is what 5 is all about

Less thinking more set play.

Know your situations better than you know yourself and have a flowchart for that shyt

The game is too fast(and scrubby:yeshrug:) for slowing down and figuring shyt out. Once you hear FIGHT you go and you keep going. If you're blocking you're just waiting to lose

Rewatch Punk in that top 8(or any good Bison match to fully understand) You gotta be a motorcycle in this shyt. He never stopped fighting

Daps
Punk had the chat going crazy all weekend with his teabagging :mjlol:

I can't believe how much he destroyed Fuudo, between 3v3 and the singles tournament

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I actually kind of noticed how this game is really about heavy offense a couple days ago when I was playing. Once I got a hit was just trying go with pressure and baits to keep me on offense. It reminded me of UMVC3 in because that game is pretty much I play and you watch.

I love the thuggery Punk, Du, and Smug have added. It's entertaining and all 3 of those young bulls could beat each other. Punk might be slightly better than Du and Smug, but not by much.

Last edited:

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
THIS

The current thuggery/fukkery is exactly the false hype this boring game needed to make it watchable. Can't wait for Evo...

Yeah I watched the grand finals for that EU premier between Hitani and Itabashi Zangief and I was literraly :russell: the whole time.

However, There are a few players I enjoy watching consistently like Punk's Karin, Cool Kid's Alex and Smug/PR Rog's Boxer.