Official FGC thread (Streams, Pop-offs, fukkery) **EVO 2024 TOP 8 TODAY**

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Only a handful of nikkas really puttin in work wit guile tho
Not the point. Up till a month ago I thought guile was bad like everybody else. I stopped playing V so I left it at that.

The whole time I had a friend stressing to me that Guile is the GOAT in 5

These last few weeks of watching Guile has made me go from:russell: to :wtf:

Some things I noticed when guile was released

The nikka is HUGE. Backfist can connect at start of round, great defensive buttons, and the best zoning in the game.

I thought it wouldn't last tho because of the nature of the game. Few months later I see Guile doing all the shyt I was worried about back in May

nikka is an actual wall in ways that he's never been before.

Did you SEE Tokido last night? He couldn't get through. The scary part about this is that Guiles zoning meta hasn't been refined yet. When nikkas get the rhythms down he'll be Morrigan status :francis:

Guile also fights all the top tiers including Chun broken ass so:francis:

I've seen this movie before. Char makes random significant moves in tourneys and people still dismiss the char like "relax guys guile is lower mid at best he'll never be a threat "
:stopitslime:

I'm saying if there were a time to talk about where Guile stands and what this nikka is really capable of now is the time. Cause from where I stand now I think he's better than Nash and Ryu. Cammy a strong maybe. Chun I'm not sure yet

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And that's taking nothing from Du because that kid is really smart and has put in work

But Du+SFV Guile I got my money on him for CapCup

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
And that's taking nothing from Du because that kid is really smart and has put in work

But Du+SFV Guile I got my money on him for CapCup
Oh

I thought u was actin like he should be nerfed :manny: we all knew the Nash train wasnt gonna last long breh, it's been Guile and Cammy's edging out Chun and Ken lately, just the way shyt is

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oh

I thought u was actin like he should be nerfed :manny: we all knew the Nash train wasnt gonna last long breh, it's been Guile and Cammy's edging out Chun and Ken lately, just the way shyt is
Nah I'm not a nerf guy:manny:. I'm a make everybody better guy. Its the reason I learned to respect Mkx (balance because everybody is broken=fun, balance because everybody is fair=boring). I'm also reluctant to ask for nerfs these days because I went through the Morrigan era and thought it was broken. 3 years later and people have learned to fight it well enough

Even then there's not much you can do to nerf him imo. Guile is in that funny space where the smallest changes can make him broken or trash.(SF4 Vega)

As it stands tho Guile is not playing SFV. Nash wasn't playing SFV because he could run all day(less so now). Guile doesn't NEED to run because he's a tank with a fireball. THATS the shyt that has me like maaaaaaaaan :patrice:

Watch that grand finals again. Watch Canada cup gf again

Guile is an easy top 5 :manny:

He MIGHT be the GOAT

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
I understand why nikkas is dropping out of this shyt now.

Who's brilliant idea was it to have this shyt on Fri-Sat instead of Sat-Sun?? :why:

Every other major tourney was primary Sat pools, then top whatever on Sun. Now Capcom Cup pops up and they wanna get cute :martin:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Who's brilliant idea was it to have this shyt on Fri-Sat instead of Sat-Sun?? :why:

Every other major tourney was primary Sat pools, then top whatever on Sun. Now Capcom Cup pops up and they wanna get cute :martin:
Capcom baffles me with their incompetence :snoop:

You got a tourney full of mostly foreign players who have to get their job/visa shyt straight months in advance and you pull some shyt like this:stopitslime:

EDIT: CCL just dropped out too so that bracket needs to be updated AGAIN:francis::martin:

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
Capcom baffles me with their incompetence :snoop:

You got a tourney full of mostly foreign players who have to get their job/visa shyt straight months in advance and you pull some shyt like this:stopitslime:

EDIT: CCL just dropped out too so that bracket needs to be updated AGAIN:francis::martin:

Yeah Apparently Humanbomb is replacing CCL

FaygoMI

All Star
Daps
It's too much money on the line to not call into work for 2 days......

TheAnalyst504

Rookie
Daps

It's probably that ESPN 2 coverage.

TheAnalyst504

Rookie
Daps
nah that's not it cause ESPN 2 is actually doing their showing of CapCup on Sunday after everything is actually over. So its actually a replay and not a live event. :francis:

Good looking, I might have missed the stream otherwise. I thought it was going to live like EVO.