OFFICIAL Empire Season 3 DISCUSSION Thread

Maxine Shaw

#ColiFam gave more $ 2 my students than my school
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, N.Y.
If Anika and Lucious wind up back together, I am going to freaking lose it (in a good way) Bad enough we have to deal w/Taye's light bulb headed corny ass. But Anika could've kept her mouth shut about that bug. She stayed loyal. Methinks Lucious might have married another ride-or-die chick after all.

2078eg4.jpg

So Just a Friend dropped in 1989 while Cook was still a senior in school. So that means she had Dre a year later and Jamal and Hakeem the following years

Forgive the length of this post; I have insomnia like a motherfukker.

Candace is the oldest sister, then Cookie, then Carol. It looks like they're all in upper school, hence all three of them wearing Peter Pan collars, skirts and ties. (Girls in the lower grades wear jumpers.) So Cookie is a junior at the most.

Here's where things get kind of fukked up. The original pilot script stated that Cookie and Lucious were 14 and 16 when they lost their virginity to each other. (:what:)There were these Empire clips called The Inside Track, and in the first one (The Rise), Vernon says that Cookie got pregnant "a few months later" after she met Lucious, and that Andre was born after they got married, not before. It also confirms that Andre is four years older than Jamal. The penultimate ep of S2 reveals that Jamal is 26, which makes Andre 30. At the time, Cookie (Taraji) was 45, so Cookie was a married mother at 15.

In the S2 premiere (the 2nd half) Cookie told her sons she miscarried a girl. (This was a stupid idea that I suspect will never be mentioned again.) You're not going to know the sex of your baby until it's about four months. If Cookie lost her virginity on her 14th birthday and got pregnant "a few months later" with her girl (let's say three months), then lost her girl child at four months and got pregnant again, it would still fit the narrative that Cookie was married and Andre was born when she was 15. More than likely, however, they'll bump the virginity loss to 16/18 & have Cookie married at 17 or so. (15, IIRC, requires the permission of the courts in PA.)

Last edited:

KingsOfKings

π•„π•’π••π•π•šπ•“ π•šπ•€ π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝔾𝕠𝕒π•₯
Daps
tonights summary:

Cookie asks superstar Kitty (Mariah Carey) to record a new song with Jamal, in hopes of helping him regain his ability to perform; Andre gets into trouble; Hakeem and Gram vie for Tiana's attention.

KingsOfKings

Daps
btw Gram is being played by Romeo

KingsOfKings

Daps

KingsOfKings

Daps

KingsOfKings