OFFICIAL Empire Season 3 DISCUSSION Thread

Maxine Shaw

#ColiFam gave more $ 2 my students than my school
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, N.Y.
Jamal's like that really annoying cantor/town crier in the tales of old. And who the hell was following Cookie EVERYWHERE w/a tape recorder back in the 80s like she was Janet Jackson?

I'm in pretty damn good shape, and Grace Byers had me outside at six in the morning running in winter gear as if my body could ever look like hers.

k0spyb.jpg

Some things ain't fair. (PLUS she's Andre's wife. bytch.)

I need Taye Diggs to go away, like...last week. He's awful. Never thought I'd be rooting for Lucious. And season 3 Cookie is lame as fukk. No way the old Cookie would've let Andre get away with that shyt, or kept her mouth shut with all that racist stuff the white woman was saying, or let Taye say some shyt to her like "don't talk over me."

Last edited:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Best part of last episode was Anika in that lingerie :takedat:

Andre's heel turn continues, now with Nessa- Macho Man has his Miss Elizabeth. The way he punked out Hakeem again :mjlol:.. Hakeem should just roll with Tiana again, she looks better than Nessa :yeshrug:

I don't even remember how Tyreeke is planning to lock Luscious up.

Jamal's physical therapist when Luscious came and got Jamal fired up :patrice::jbhmm::gladbron:

KingsOfKings

𝔻𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕞 𝕄𝕖𝕣𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥
Daps
Doug-E.-Fresh-Suing-Empire.jpg

Hip-hop legend Doug E. Fresh has reportedly teamed up with a publishing company to slap the producers of Empire with a multi-million dollar lawsuit for sampling his song without permission for a track produced by hitmaker Timbaland.

According to Rolling Out, Rasheed Rahan Wonder, CEO of Wonderboy Entertainment, songwriter Unique Mecca Hall and Fresh recently filed the suit claiming that during season two of Empire, the popular Fox series sampled Fresh’s classic 1993 tune “I-ight (Alright),” for a song called “No Doubt About It,” which Pitbull and Jussie Smollet performed on episode three. The song was also included on the Empire Soundtrack: Volume 1.
Since the release of “I-ight,” the song has become a popular chant (and slang term) and has been licensed for hundreds of projects, including on the Above the Rim soundtrack. Wonder is representing producer Hall in the lawsuit who is currently serving a life sentence plus 20 years in prison for a Continuing Criminal Enterprise Statute, better known as the Kingpin Statute. Hall is reportedly known to be the real Nino Brown of Harlem, N.Y.

Reps for Empire had no comment on the legal matter.

Read More: Doug E. Fresh Suing Producers of 'Empire' for Sampling His Song 'I-ight' | Doug E. Fresh Suing Producers of 'Empire' for Sampling His Song 'I-ight'