Official "Dark Side Of The Ring" Discussion Thread

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Melanie Pillman is a sick c*nt. Brian’s daughter was right, she’s gonna live a long unhappy life for the shyt she said to his first wife. No wonder Brian Jr. doesn’t fukk with her. Brian was an evil genius, Bischoff can juelz all he wants but he got played, shame that accident happened.

It's even wild to me that Melanie was the one Pillman cheated with and then married... but she was bein' all hateful and vindictive like she's the one that got cheated on. shyt was outta line, breh... took the daughter away and everything... drove that woman to kill herself. Now here she is 30 years later, broken down and miserable talkin' bout "I regret it". :yeshrug:

Last edited:

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
Damn Pillman was a loose cannon indeed having multiple kids from diff women at a short period of time, he was sloppy as these rappers.

Melanie looks like she stinks of shyt, she went splat on that brick wall.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Listened to Renee podcast that featured the 2 creators of this.

The original idea for the show was supposed to take all the stories they’ve been researching/developed and be a narrative driven scripted tv series about the territory days of wrestling. (Made comparisons to Sopranos and Boogie Nights story telling) but whenever they made pitches around Hollywood, the executives didnt get it or there was no interest in it.

Ace Money

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Listened to Renee podcast that featured the 2 creators of this.

The original idea for the show was supposed to take all the stories they’ve been researching/developed and be a narrative driven scripted tv series about the territory days of wrestling. (Made comparisons to Sopranos and Boogie Nights story telling) but whenever they made pitches around Hollywood, the executives didnt get it or there was no interest in it.

:wow:

Bruh, they could've ate for MULTIPLE SEASONS. :damn: While Young Rock is literally the antithesis of what they originally proposed to do--a gritty show that depicts the even grittier underbelly of professional wrestling-- they might wanna try and re-pitch their idea if it's successful. :banderas:

Imagine starting off with the 1980s and running up until the end of the attitude era. :banderas:

Last edited:

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
:wow:

Bruh, they could've ate for MULTIPLE SEASONS. :damn: While Young Rock is literally the antithesis of what they originally proposed to do--a gritty show that depicts the gritty underbelly of professional wrestling-- they might wanna try and re-pitch their idea if it's successful. :banderas:

Imagine starting off with the 1980s and running up until the end of the attitude era. :banderas:

Rock and Issa Rae are teaming up to do another wrestling drama

Dwayne Johnson, Issa Rae, Dany Garcia Team for Wrestling Series at HBO - Variety

There's also the 'Heels' show on Starz coming up too, which looks to be a little more melodramatic, but personally, I'll give it a shot.... :manny:

Ace Money

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rock and Issa Rae are teaming up to do another wrestling drama

Dwayne Johnson, Issa Rae, Dany Garcia Team for Wrestling Series at HBO - Variety

There's also the 'Heels' show on Starz coming up too, which looks to be a little more melodramatic, but personally, I'll give it a shot.... :manny:

:ohhh::ohhh::ohhh:

shyt, I got ideas too then. :damn:

"TSC Productions and Coli Studios Presents: Dark Side of the Server"

Episode 1: R=G: "Say hello to the bad guy: TSC's Resident Heel"
Episode 2: Art 'who needs context and commas?' Barr: "When the tables turn..."

shyt writes itself. :ohhh::mjlol:

OVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
damn Cornette said in an interview with the producers they exercised great restraint in showing what a piece of shyt Melanie was:huhldup:
I knew she wasn't shyt when I saw her son bury her, he wasn't even malicious about it just speaking matter of fact like. He knows and accepts she ain't shyt and never will be.

I forget where I heard this from but Ultimate Warrior had her first and she never let Brian Pillman Sr. forget it or how much more successful he was than him.

Kevin_Nash

2x WWE Hall of Famer
Daps
Breh, Pillmans old coach is the shining star of this doc so far, because he's right, they are

When Kevin Nash said the only thing real are the miles and the money, i always felt that was the best way to look at the wrestling business....Kim Wood took that philosophy and really broke it down with Brian it seems

If there is any mark you gotta fool in the business to be a success.....its Vince McMahon.....which explains how Paul Heyman keeps a job lol.

It's been funny seeing older fans completely change their tune on Nash over the years. He used to be selfish, didn't care about the biz. Now that many of us have been beaten down by shytty employers, we realize he was right. Company treats it like a business, its all good. Wrestler treats it like a business, suddenly they are selfish.

I'm still waiting on these internet dweebs and marks to say "Thank You Mr. Nash" for being honest and telling the truth about this business (despite what they wanna believe, it is a business, not church).

Ace Money

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Benoit episode is playing and they just got to the part where Eddie passes.
:mjcry::mjcry::mjcry: