Official "Dark Side Of The Ring" Discussion Thread

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Wanted to listen to Martha's interviews with Jericho and Dave/Jim Valley before posting thoughts. Some overlap on both interviews but I have to say I've gained alot of respect for her. Not that I didn't before but I just didn't know much of her viewpoints on what happened, as she hasn't really done full blown interviews like this.

The way she has rode for Owen is commendable. She fought every which way. The constant flights for depositions must have been draining. I know the "offer" number was a tactical suggestion to get the interest running but wish they went much higher than that, since the E ended up recouping all of it and then some in their lawsuit against Lewmar. Back then I felt like I did want her to eventually work with WWE to open the vault to Owen stuff, but I totally get her side. Why let them profit off of anything to do with Owen. Though a great wrestler she knows she can do more to honour him with the foundation and I respect that. Didn't seem like she was a fan of it anyway. Plus she said she has no problem honouring his wrestling career with any other fed, as long as it's not the WWE. But since no one from Japan, etc. has reach out then there really isn't anything to do. Prowrestlingtees is a nice start though.

Bret is my GOAT, and I get his side about preserving Owen's career, but I think Martha's stance is correct. Don't give the E any kind of inch. Still can't believe that clip for the harness that was used, unreal.

LastManStanding

Veteran
Daps

Morgan Hertzan, EVP & General Manager, Vice TV told Deadline that he was “eagerly looking forward to explore more ways” to do Dark Side of the Ring as well as expand the franchise out to other areas. “We are using it to inform other shows that we’re greenlighting. The audience is telling us they love this kind of storytelling so we want to keep delivering on that over and over again,” he said.

yea it's safe to say this show isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Vice is gonna throw the bag at them once competing offers from other networks start coming in. we just gotta hope that with the demand for more episode they don't start watering down the series with stuff that really isn't worth making an episode about.

props to the creators/producers of this show. it's the most successful series in Vice history.

NYChase718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
960x0.jpg

COMING SOON

NEXT SEASON

:mjgrin::ufdup: