Official "Dark Side Of The Ring" Discussion Thread

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
Dr D was a tough dude I wonder why eve never brought him in
To make Hoegan look good. Once they did that and/or realized that he wasn’t gonna be controlled by Cokeboy they had no problem cutting him loose. Slapping Stossel gave them all the reason they needed. Atleast that’s my take :yeshrug:

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
Mark Henry and tha cohost Of “Busted Open Radio Weekend Ed” told a HILARIOUS story about tha recent benefit at tha Cauliflower Alley Club where Dr. David Schultz got up there n proceeded to clown and point out ppl saying “U never did shyt for me!” “You never did shyt for me!” Then thanked ppl he apparently liked, them left tha building.

:dead:

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
Just watched the Schultz episode...highly entertaining stuff. The villain of this episode, yet again, is one Vincent Kennedy McMahon; he played Schultz and Stossel like fiddles.

Can't believe I'm saying this about ANYTHING Schultz related, but everyone involved seemed to have a reasonable perspective informing their actions. Stossel was a consumer protection reporter trying to make sure people knew what they were dealing with in the wrestling business (yes, he's one of those smug ex-amateur wrestlers that don't realize that we both know what the game is and that there are many amateurs who watch, love, and are involved with pro wrestling; and yes, people have been reporting on wrestling being a work literally since the 19th century, but let's cut the guy SOME slack), Schultz was just trying to protect the business as he was taught and directed, and Mansfield had no reason to protect a business that refused to protect him (stupid, boneheaded analogy notwithstanding). It really comes down to the measures the wrestling business as a whole take to not only deceive the public for entertainment purposes, but to keep the wrestlers wrong footed so they can be easily manipulated. I don't understand why so many people watching this reacted so negatively toward Stossel, since every action he took made complete sense given the situation he was in (we're not talking about anything he did before or afterward, or any views he developed over the course of his work).

Yeah, I really liked this one. Probably the second best episode of the season behind the Benoit two-parter.

Last edited:

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
Any of you think Punk's story is "Dark" enough to get an episode? I personally don't think so but seeing him comment got me thinking:jbhmm:

One of the three biggest stars in the biggest promotion in the industry has his love for wrestling ground down by creative mismanagement, said company undervaluing his prodigious talents (one of which he used to disparage said company after prior years of mismanagement, which got him massively over because the fans aren't stupid), nearly dying of a staph infection on their watch, and being fired on his wedding day (to a wrestler they employed, so they had to know the date). Not to mention the Art of Wrestling episodes, the lawsuit, the erosion of his friendship with Colt Cabana...

They could get a 2-parter out of it if they wanted to.

El Poyo Loco

Akrassikauda = Black Scorpion
Daps
Reppin
The 5 Boroughs
Please i hope they give us some more Abrams fukkery like they did to Mondo Guerrero

Abrams was with the shyts from jump Little Davey Meltzer

:russ:

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
Schultz should've been a star it's a shame what happened and fukk Hogan for burying him b/c he was scared. He even made Savage look tame on the mic

Lmao him telling Jerry Lawler no one wants to be his tag team partner b/c he had AIDS

I think we have some lurkers on this forum...:lupe:

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps

tSxw8X8.png