Official Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 12 Thread: Premiere date 2/4/24 *FINAL SEASON*

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The payoff at the end made up for what could agree was a mid episode.
Episode wasn't great....

But Larry David is the King of Comedy
I have such a high standard for Larry, so that was actually hard to watch for me. I thought it was really rough. Jokes didn’t land, was disjointed, the stories didn’t come together well, and Curb isn’t about acting but jesus some of the performances tonight were so bad. The scenes with the housekeeper is some of the worst stuff he’s ever done. The whole birthday party stuff with that dude fell super flat. Susie and Jeff looked rough and shoe horning the stuff in with the waiter was bad. The over yelling at Siri, just brutal stuff. He’s still with whatever her name is too I guess? Ugh. And I see all the things he wanted to hit on in the episode but almost everything fell flat, it felt like a bunch of shytty one off scenes pasted together.

I had to watch an episode of Seinfeld after to wash it all down and the writing in the episode was of course amazing. Looks like Larry finally lost his fastball. Hopefully it’s one one bad miss but it being the premiere episode doesn’t bode well, and he advertised the hell out of this.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
this might be reactionary but that was the worst episode of Curb I can recall
sepinwall said this was the best ep of the season too and he didnt really like the season.

this post season 8 run has been kind of spotty other than season 10. I will still be tuned in though

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
sepinwall said this was the best ep of the season too and he didnt really like the season.

this post season 8 run has been kind of spotty other than season 10. I will still be tuned in though
that’s tough to hear. it happens though, it’s been weird seeing Larry do so much press too. If it’s bad enough after a few episodes I would find it hard to watch something that once was so great. I don’t think I made it past a few episode of Arrested Development S4 and I think I was better off for it. I don’t want to walk away from the show with such a poor memory. Larry never seemed the type to overstay his welcome though, a bit surprising tbh

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps

Comedy is so subjective though, so hoping I hope more stuff funny in later episodes. This was just an okay episode at best.

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
hqdefault.jpg