Official CryptoCurrency Thread (Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum & More)

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
@irishfury or @heisenburrr PM me more on this. I been reading on it months ago but decided it was much to risky. Damn, I bet this is how those who waited to long on Google felt.

still very very risky at current price

I don't like to read every other day that there are new cases of bitcoin hacking theft. The infrastructure around the whole thing is still in its infancy and it really is the wild west out there.

As other posters have mentioned, it can be maddingly inconvenient to actually get your hands on bitcoins.

I'm waiting for it to dip a bit during the holiday seasons and hopefully I can get some at a discount. I don't expect it to drop well below 800 $ though. If it does I see all hell breaking loose.

Will try to put together some of the better/most insightful article I've read so far once I get to my laptop later this evening

they have some good insights too on the rooshvforum http://www.rooshvforum.com/thread-21537.html

LordTaskForce

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Doing more research on this now...

Depending on what Mr. says, I'll have around 3K to play with...He's only going give me a small portion of that starting out and see what I can do with it before investing all of it into this whole bitcoin/litecoin thing.

its not an investment. just stick it in a mutual fund and forget about it

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
@irishfury @heisenburrr I am trying to get in but the companies they use for btc-e isn't what I am accustomed too.

You will not be able to purchase bitcoins with your regular CC/Paypal payment services.

Option 1 :
Get verified at any of the following websites :

https://www.mtgox.com/
https://btc-e.com/
https://coinbase.com/

You will need to provide scanned ID & proof of residence. Then they wire money from your bank account. I have read that coinbase would be most likely the fastest for you to get verified and deposit. Can't test myself since they only accept US Bank wire

Option 2:

Find a local dealer using http://localbitcoins.com/ . The website act as an escrow between seller & buyer. Transaction can be made in person or by direct deposit into the seller's bank account

LordTaskForce

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
people are all about quick money. be patient, diversity, and let your money grow over the years. bit coin doesn't have the liquidity that stocks have. i understand the need for having anonymous transactions so if you are using money for that purpose it makes sense. but for investing, while a lot of people have made a "come up" over the last few weeks. and some people have millions in bit coins but they haven't found anyone to turn those coins back into cash. so essentially you have millions of dollars that you can't do a whole lot with except buy things from venders who will accept them

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
people are all about quick money. be patient, diversity, and let your money grow over the years. bit coin doesn't have the liquidity that stocks have. i understand the need for having anonymous transactions so if you are using money for that purpose it makes sense. but for investing, while a lot of people have made a "come up" over the last few weeks. and some people have millions in bit coins but they haven't found anyone to turn those coins back into cash. so essentially you have millions of dollars that you can't do a whole lot with except buy things from venders who will accept them
That was my biggest issue in investing in them. They are practically a more useful form LSA/coli cash. That's hard to invest in. I wouldn't mind investing into it if I can get some real cash out of it but it is useful. Think about if you have a target gift card. It's 50 dollars either way. Or you invested when Bits were 20 dollars and now it's a thousand. You can buy a extremely nice HDTV and a PS4 with games while the gift card is 50 dollars regardless. Not to mention you can flip the system and the TV for a profit. It can work, just gotta be more creative.

irishfury

Get Money Gang
Daps
Bitcoin to high for my liking. If it has a quick drop again to 800 or so grab fast cause it will jump back up. Also litecoin is a good investmentt people who missed the bitcoin wave will try to get in with litecoin. I grabbed 400 of them at 8 dollars.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Bitcoin to high for my liking. If it has a quick drop again to 800 or so grab fast cause it will jump back up. Also litecoin is a good investmentt people who missed the bitcoin wave will try to get in with litecoin. I grabbed 400 of them at 8 dollars.
What about PPC?

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Today that's 320k breh :wow:

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps

legit concern

https://medium.com/mind-behavior-and-technology/5b0fbaa6808b

Dooby

إن شاء الله
Daps
Like previously mentioned, how easy is it to flip your coins and put DOLLARS in your pocket? I emailed MT.GOX and they told me that you can input cash all you want but getting it taken back out is not happening right now. That kind of stuff is :patrice: