Official CryptoCurrency Thread (Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum & More)

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I'm still very new, but there are a few sites I read and people I follow. I will send you a PM with some links.

I will never say I know more than many people in this space because I don't, but I look at people that I have seen have success, look up in research the recommendations, and then make my own decision.

There are other posters in this thread that understand some of the technical aspects or could at least explain them better than I can.

I'm still trying to learn as much as I can, as this sector is still very young with a ton of room to grow.

yea, if you could send the links, that would be cool. @LÍQUIDO has me researching more on how to read the charts. I read about them when i first started in altcoin but its been a while.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
yea, if you could send the links, that would be cool. @LÍQUIDO has me researching more on how to read the charts. I read about them when i first started in altcoin but its been a while.
A ton of it is just trying to avoid getting emotional. Spreading out risk in such a volatile market is key.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I think I might cash out some OMG here shortly to reshuffle into other projects.

It has to dip again, no reason for it to see this rise out of nowhere. Also, the buy support for Bitcoin cash on bittrex doesn't even make sense. I am definitely not BUYING anything, but I don't think it's time to completely dump it yet.

Last edited:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
SMFH @ that coinbase email.

What a scummy thing to do to customers. They are going to get sued to bankruptcy.

Update on Bitcoin Cash
We wanted to give our customers an update on the recent Bitcoin hard fork. You can read more about what a digital currency fork is here.

Forks enable innovation and improvements to digital currency and we believe that we will see an increasing number of forks in the future. We expect this to be a vibrant and innovative community.

When a digital currency forks, it creates a new digital asset. Adding new digital assets to Coinbase must be approached with caution. Not every asset is immediately safe to add to Coinbase from a technical stability, security, or compliance point of view.

Our top priority is the safety of customer funds and we spend extensive time designing, building, testing and auditing our systems to ensure that the digital assets we support remain safe and secure. We may not always be first in adding an asset, but if we do, you can be sure that we’ve invested significant time and care into supporting it securely. We believe this is the best approach for us to maintain customer trust.

In the case of bitcoin cash, we made clear to our customers that we did not feel we could safely support it on the day it was launched. For customers who wanted immediate access to their bitcoin cash, we advised them to withdraw their bitcoin from the Coinbase platform. However, there are several points we want to make clear for our customers:

1. Both bitcoin and bitcoin cash remain safely stored on Coinbase.
  2. Customers with balances of bitcoin at the time of the fork now have an equal quantity of bitcoin cash stored by Coinbase.
  3. We operate by the general principle that our customers should benefit to the greatest extent possible from hard forks or other unexpected events.
Over the last several days, we’ve examined all of the relevant issues and have decided to work on adding support for bitcoin cash for Coinbase customers. We made this decision based on factors such as the security of the network, customer demand, trading volumes, and regulatory considerations.

We are planning to have support for bitcoin cash by January 1, 2018, assuming no additional risks emerge during that time.

Once supported, customers will be able to withdraw bitcoin cash. We’ll make a determination at a later date about adding trading support. In the meantime, customer bitcoin cash will remain safely stored on Coinbase.

Last edited:

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
???

Again, you are not posting anything insightful outside of FUD and a chart that is on a downtrend. It was free money to BTC holders and you could have made a ton more by capitalizing instead of being a fanboy over a crypto :what:

@garlicbulb Waves looks like an interesting project for creating tokens. I am not so sure you can call it the next "Ethereum", but it does have potential. Even the coli can create a token on the waves platform easily.

Of course you're totally missing the point :mjlol:

What you're looking at is the price dumping every time a block of transactions comes through.

Bittrex has now opened deposits for BCH so expect the price to tank short term once transactions get enough confirmations

I would've loved to dump my BCH but there's no way in hell I'm trusting this amount of money to these shady exchanges.

Maybe once kraken or BFX opens deposits...

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I took profits on OMG too early, but still in.

I still have a fraction of bitcoin cash, but pulled out most at that second rally at $900

It's only August 4th. Be careful out there :whew:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Of course you're totally missing the point :mjlol:

What you're looking at is the price dumping every time a block of transactions comes through.

Bittrex has now opened deposits for BCH so expect the price to tank short term once transactions get enough confirmations

I would've loved to dump my BCH but there's no way in hell I'm trusting this amount of money to these shady exchanges.

Maybe once kraken or BFX opens deposits...
Ok nub, good to hear that potentially leaving huge gains on the table is the smart thing to do.

DamienWayne

Superstar
Daps
I had my btc in a paper wallet during the fork. Is it still possible for me to get Bch?

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
So, am I right in thinking (with flavor of the moment alt coins) if you see a very large sell order, its someone suppressing the price and its time to buy?

And when those same large sell orders move back, get ready to sell? :patrice:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I had my btc in a paper wallet during the fork. Is it still possible for me to get Bch?
Not sure, I actually moved BTC around because I wanted the most Bitcoin Cash as possible on day 1 to start shuffling.

BTW, to anyone who still has Bitcoin cash...pay close attention to it. It is Friday, order book is almost at 4,000 BTC on Bittrex. It should creep back up to over $300 here soon and a good dump opportunity.

Last edited: