Official CryptoCurrency Thread (Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum & More)

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You wouldn't be charged for the free 50 gh/s at any time, you can mine all you want but you can only cash out at $5 in btc

GH/s is Gigahash per second or how much power you mine

I did some pretty crude math that was off ([9 x 50]/100 or something like that), like I said i'll contact the website for exact rates, seems like you'd pay it all at once

hmm. that doesn't seem too bad. thanks for the info I'll sub for that reply if they give u one

Vinny Lupton

Superstar
Daps
We past $1175. Touching $1200 in no time
@88m3 bring yo punk azz to the stage :mjgrin:

**EDIT** new all-time high
whQ2Cr0.png

More time with family and friends, more life :ohhh:

Previous all-time high was $1165.89 set on 30 Nov 2013

Is it possible @88m3 should stick to being a real estate tyc00n? Doesn't short when he thinks it will crash, talks shyt when the price goes down, hides when the price is rising. You's a bytch creh :mjgrin::mjgrin::mjgrin:

Last edited:

TRAP AMERICAN TV

TRAP GOLD
Daps
@chkmeout @Lord Infamous @morris @newworldafro @goke313 @bdizzle @ℒee @AZBeauty @Johnny Kilroy @FSP @sanityovar8ted @MansaMusa @LinusCaldwell @Lootpack @Dracudiddy @Lootpack

C ryptocurrency is for all intents and purposes virtual money which can be used for an increasingly large number of transactions in real life. I am new to Bitcoin and Ethereum, two of the main currencies but I'll try to answer as many questions and post up guides as I can.

Bitcoin:
How it works -
Simplified breakdown - Still Don't Get Bitcoin? Here's an Explanation For Five-Year-Olds (:whoa: not tryna imply anything, this explanation finally got me to understand BTC)
List of Bitcoin Wallets - Choose your wallet - Bitcoin [I stand by GreenAddress, it has mobile and desktop apps]
Ways to get Bitcoin -
Upload and share pictures [upload an image and get satoshi* per view and like, instant pay out to your bitcoin wallet]
Supload - Free image hosting that earns you bitcoin [same as file.army but more popular, has a minimum you have to make before cashing out, $1.00 in bitcoin, which'll take a while]
Minegate - Bitcoin Mining - The First Shared Hardware Mining [Bitcoin Cloud mining, normally people use their own expensive hardware for mining BTC in their homes, but with cloud mining the work's done for you and this particular site gives you 50 GH/s for free, which is 3 cents a day along with other pricing plans that give you more power].
*1 Satoshi is roughly 1/1000 of a cent

Ethereum:
How it works (condensed) -
A more detailed guide (yeah yeah I know, this is way more detailed than I could get rn) -

How I started (unorthodox method)
For the times sake, I'll just say a friend got me onto this:

1. Open Google Chrome
  2. Download the MetaMask extension (MetaMask)
  3. Open MetaMask and make an account, you'll get 1 ETH/Ethereum Coin automatically
  4. Click the Clipboard/'Copy' Icon to copy your Ethereum address
  5. Switch to Ropsten Testnet in Metamask options (this was default for me, but i'll include a pic)
  6. Get Free Ropsten Testnet Ether (EtherCamp)
  7. Click 'Get Free Ether' and paste your ETH address, I got 5 ETH (it'll take a minute or two for the transaction to be finished.
BkLt81Y_x.png

My Bitcoin account

6387398568203731b6454cf78d0ac20e2f5fcd67a948da1b64a1f172314f903a3aaac948.jpg

Vinny Lupton

Superstar
Daps
Bitcoin is only slightly more retarded than hoarding physical gold and silver.

:cook:
Fact: Since @88m3 made this post, the price has risen 20% !! :whoo:
:cook:

Bitcoin price is hitting unprecedented levels. Bitcoin’s bullish run isn’t running out of steam as the cryptocurrency continues to make robust gains in the new month to scale a new all-time high of $1,231 today on the Bitstamp Price Index.

**update**

88m3 negged you for your post in the thread Bitcoin 200$. With the following comment: no one cares
6 minutes ago

When the price was down you cared enough to come in here and post smileys though? Oochie / One Mic?

Last edited: