Official Count to 1 Trillion Thread

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
The First Epistle to the Corinthians 3:6-8
6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.

7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

8 Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.

368-1.jpg

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
18 U.S. Code § 371 - Conspiracy to commit offense or to defraud United States
  • U.S. Code
  • Notes
prev | next
If two or more persons conspire either to commit any offense against the United States, or to defraud the United States, or any agency thereof in any manner or for any purpose, and one or more of such persons do any act to effect the object of the conspiracy, each shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both.

If, however, the offense, the commission of which is the object of the conspiracy, is a misdemeanor only, the punishment for such conspiracy shall not exceed the maximum punishment provided for such misdemeanor.

(June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 701; Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, § 330016(1)(L), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2147.)

BlackXCL

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
t.
  • Dap
Reactions: MMS

Koichos

Pro
Daps
Reppin
K'lal Yisraʾel
:עַל־כֵּן לֹא־יֹאכְלוּ בְנֵי־יִשְׂרָאֵל אֶת־גִּיד הַנָּשֶׁה אֲשֶׁר עַל־כַּף הַיָּרֵךְ עַד הַיּוֹם הַזֶּה כִּי נָגַע בְּכַף־יֶרֶךְ יַעֲקֹב בְּגִיד הַנָּשֶׁה​

...thus the b'nei Yisroʾél must not consume the gidh hannoshăh that is on the socket of the hip - to this day - because Yaʿakov's hip socket was struck at the gidh hannoshăh [Heb. גִּיד הַנָּשֶׁה; value: 377]. (B'reshıth 32:33)

• Dap

Koichos

Pro
Daps
Reppin
K'lal Yisraʾel
379 is the total number of 'closed paragraphs' in a Torah scroll: 48 in B'reshıth + 95 in Sh'moth + 46 in Wayikro + 66 in B'midhbor + 124 in D'vorim (Liebermann, Y'hoshuʿa. Biblical Statistics. Tel Aviv, Cherikover, 1995, p. 241).

פָּרָשָׁה סְתוּמָה poroshoh s'thumoh ('closed paragraph') - the text continues on the same line after a short blank space.
פָּרָשָׁה פְּתוּחָה poroshoh p'thuḥoh ('open paragraph') - the text starts at the beginning of the next line.

• Dap

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
381 = 3 × 127, sum of the first sixteen primes. Palindrome in base 2 and base 8.

It is the sum of the 16 consecutive primes (2 + 3 + 5 + 7 + 11 + 13 + 17 + 19 + 23 + 29 + 31 + 37 + 41 + 43 + 47 + 53).

381 AD
John Chrysostom - Wikipedia

John was ordained as a deacon in 381 by the bishop Meletius of Antioch who was not then in communion with Alexandria and Rome. After the death of Meletius, John separated himself from the followers of Meletius, without joining Paulinus, the rival of Meletius for the bishopric of Antioch. But after the death of Paulinus he was ordained a presbyter (priest) in 386 by Flavian, the successor of Paulinus.[25] He was destined later to bring about reconciliation between Flavian I of Antioch, Alexandria, and Rome, thus bringing those three sees into communion for the first time in nearly seventy years.[26]

In Antioch, over the course of twelve years (386–397), John gained popularity because of the eloquence of his public speaking at the Golden Church, Antioch's cathedral, especially his insightful expositions of Bible passages and moral teaching. The most valuable of his works from this period are his Homilies on various books of the Bible. He emphasised charitable giving and was concerned with the spiritual and temporal needs of the poor. He spoke against abuse of wealth and personal property:

Do you wish to honour the body of Christ? Do not ignore him when he is naked. Do not pay him homage in the temple clad in silk, only then to neglect him outside where he is cold and ill-clad. He who said: "This is my body" is the same who said: "You saw me hungry and you gave me no food", and "Whatever you did to the least of my brothers you did also to me"... What good is it if the Eucharistic table is overloaded with golden chalices when your brother is dying of hunger? Start by satisfying his hunger and then with what is left you may adorn the altar as well.[27]

His straightforward understanding of the Scriptures – in contrast to the Alexandrian tendency towards allegorical interpretation – meant that the themes of his talks were practical, explaining the Bible's application to everyday life. Such straightforward preaching helped Chrysostom to garner popular support.[2]

One incident that happened during his service in Antioch illustrates the influence of his homilies. When Chrysostom arrived in Antioch, Flavian, the bishop of the city, had to intervene with emperor Theodosius I on behalf of citizens who had gone on a rampage mutilating statues of the emperor and his family. During the weeks of Lent in 387, John preached more than twenty homilies in which he entreated the people to see the error of their ways. These made a lasting impression on the general population of the city: many pagans converted to Christianity as a result of the homilies. The city was ultimately spared from severe consequences.[7]