• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jutt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
Baker>Njoku

Baker has proven game film and is a ballhawk. Njoku is a raw prospect that's kind of a workout warrior. Also what's the point of runnin two TE sets if neither of them are decent blockers. That doesn't help disguise the offense.

I'd even take Conley over Njoku at this stage and have him sit and learn behind grimes

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
njoku seems like a luxury here, and I think the bucs have way more pressing needs

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Brandon Meyers, Alan Cross and Luke Stocker combined for more snaps than brate played, so there's room for brate and Njoku.

I'm actually gonna go Budda Baker tho. I think we can hit RB, TE and WR in rounds 2-5.

I was leanin' Baker as well, but trying to get Zay Jones in the 2nd, and Eiflen in the 3rd so we don't have to move Marpet to Center.

Baker>Njoku

Baker has proven game film and is a ballhawk. Njoku is a raw prospect that's kind of a workout warrior. Also what's the point of runnin two TE sets if neither of them are decent blockers. That doesn't help disguise the offense.

I'd even take Conley over Njoku at this stage and have him sit and learn behind grimes

Baker won't be a first round pick.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Brandon Meyers, Alan Cross and Luke Stocker combined for more snaps than brate played, so there's room for brate and Njoku.

I'm actually gonna go Budda Baker tho. I think we can hit RB, TE and WR in rounds 2-5.

Budda is a reach at 19, unless they trade down. I think he'll be around in the 2nd

Daps
Reppin
Denver
People get so caught up in where the draft experts are projecting guys to go. So what if budda is projected to be an early 2nd rounder? If he's the best player at a position of need, we're gonna pass because Mel kiper doesn't think he's a first rounder?

I like njoku a lot but there's a lot of bust potential there too. Plus I think TE is deeper than Safety and safety is a bigger need.

Edit: also, if the draft falls like this, Conley is worth a look too. We'd be set at corner for a while with him and vh3

Jutt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
People get so caught up in where the draft experts are projecting guys to go. So what if budda is projected to be an early 2nd rounder? If he's the best player at a position of need, we're gonna pass because Mel kiper doesn't think he's a first rounder?

I like njoku a lot but there's a lot of bust potential there too. Plus I think TE is deeper than Safety and safety is a bigger need.

Edit: also, if the draft falls like this, Conley is worth a look too. We'd be set at corner for a while with him and vh3
Exactly. He's versatile also can play nickel which would let mike smith get creative. Njoku also has questionable hands. Too much of a project to take at 19. Peop are too enamormed with physical traits

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp

I'd argue there's a lot of bust potential with Budda Baker too. I hate not taking the best available player on the board. I still can't get over how we drafted Gaines Adams over Adrian Peterson back in 2007 with the reason being we have bum ass Cadillac Williams.

Daps
Reppin
Denver
I'd argue there's a lot of bust potential with Budda Baker too. I hate not taking the best available player on the board. I still can't get over how we drafted Gaines Adams over Adrian Peterson back in 2007 with the reason being we have bum ass Cadillac Williams.
What evidence is there that njoku is better than budda tho? I hear you that limiting the players you're willing to draft, especially in the first round, to just immediate needs is dumb. But budda has shown he's an impact player. Honestly I think size is the only reason he isn't a consensus #3 safety in the class and just behind Adams and hooker. And I don't think size really matters all that much for safeties as long as their not an in the box safety.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
What evidence is there that njoku is better than budda tho? I hear you that limiting the players you're willing to dra'ft, especially in the first round, to just immediate needs is dumb. But budda has shown he's an impact player. Honestly I think size is the only reason he isn't a consensus #3 safety in the class and just behind Adams and hooker. And I don't think size really matters all that much for safeties as long as their not an in the box safety.

To be honest, I'd be fine with Budda Baker too. I just think no one immediately after us will take him, so I'd rather wait :manny:

I'm pretty much cool taking a OL, defensive back/safety or Njoku in the first. The only thing that has me worried is taking Dalvin Cook, if he's still available. I think our organization is falling in love with all these Florida & Florida State players, which is cool for getting fans to come to games but is the wrong way to go.

Daps
Reppin
Denver
To be honest, I'd be fine with Budda Baker too. I just think no one immediately after us will take him, so I'd rather wait :manny:

I'm pretty much cool taking a OL, defensive back/safety or Njoku in the first. The only thing that has me worried is taking Dalvin Cook, if he's still available. I think our organization is falling in love with all these Florida & Florida State players, which is cool for getting fans to come to games but is the wrong way to go.
I'm with you there. I'd rather take Foreman or Jeremy McNichols or Jamaal Williams later. It's not like we need an absolute workhorse 3 down back. Sims and Quizz are still here for 3rd down.