Official Coli HBCU sports & band thread

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
Morehouse making it a game.

Ya know one thing I love about HBCU football is how the band playing while the game going on, can’t explain why but it’s dope.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
PmL8sHj.png

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Just got home from the game..

If it wasn’t a sell out, it was close to it.
BCU and JSU have a lot of alumni in the Atlanta area, & both fan bases travel well.

It was a high school band from Dallas that performed pregame, & they brought a lot of fans with them as well.

I've never seen so many beautiful black women in one place in my life! Jesus Christ I wish yall could have saw them today. Like I said earlier, everyone was repping their school..I saw Alcorn, Johnson C Smith, FAMU, Southern, Morehouse, Alabama A&M, Tuskegee, and just about every other HBCU you can think of. I had on my Marching Hornets shirt, and A&M fans started talking shyt every time I walked past one :mjlol:

A older lady who was probably 50 or 60 walked past me and saw my shirt, and she hugged and kissed me on the cheek and said "hey sweetheart how you been" like we've been knowing each other for 20 years. She marched in the band way before I did, but that connection made us family :mjcry:
Came across a few dudes who were in the band after me and we gave each other our band handshake. Never saw them in my life, but again we all family at Bama State and especially in the band.

Its an amazing sight to see thousands of black folks all together not on any BS and just having a good time.

As for the game, JSU was beating Cookman's ass the first half, but once the white boy from JSU had to play QB because the starter got injured, it was all downhill from there :russ:
He's one of the most inaccurate QB's ive ever seen in my life. Cookman kept making plays though, so you cant take anything away from them. Im interested to see them against NCAT this season.

JSU has the same issue as the past few years..good defense, but their offense is way behind. Im ready to see us go against them later this year.

As far as the bands go...Cookman is boring as hell. JSU smashed them all game. I expected that, but I still left disappointing in BCU's band. They been playing the same songs since 2002. After halftime they hardly got any cheers from anyone :mjlol:

JSU brought out Pastor Troy for their halftime show and had that bytch lit!

Ill defiently be making this a yearly tradition for me. I cant wait till SU comes to ATL for the SWAC/MEAC challenge.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Breh, appreciate the breakdown.

SU looked amazing, we had some bustedbusted plays smh
Should be a good year

I’m working with the band at my school, & we got approved to go to the Bayou Classic to march in the parade, and see the battle of the bands and the game :blessed:

I didn’t realize the SU-FAMU game was soon..idk if ima make that, but I’m going to plan now for the boombox game in Jackson, or to see SU at Alcorn. That game always packed and good.

JSU has issues at QB, so y’all should beat them easily. Y’all didn’t get blown out against McNeese, so that’s a good sign.

The SU-PV game should decide the west

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
that Jackson state game made sportscenter TWICE.

there was a play that made the countdown.

then they went back after the countdown was over and showed what happened with the mascot.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
that game on the nfl network was better tho.

the ending was great.

alabama a&m/morehouse.