Official Black TV Show Tiers Thread

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I'm cool on Family Matters now it would've been tier 1 a few years ago but I don't even care when it's on tv especially the first season. Everything else is ok.. I'm kinda good on Good Times being tier 1 too but I'll let it rock.

Everybody Hates Chris is tier 2 for me.. I'm a big Chris Rock fan so that might be homer talk lol. The Jamie Foxx show was cool but it gets bumped to at least 3. I fukks with EHC way more than that show. Smart Guy might have to move up too.
I feel you on Chris rock. Love his comedy. Smart guy is very underrated too in my opinion.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I like your list. fresh prince and. Wayne's bros are my two favorite ever. Love how they still come on tv

But I like every one of the shows you posted.

I'm 31 and watched/watch a lot of TV so I've seen basically every show you posted

You forgot "In Living Color"
That's the greatest sketch comedy show ever. Definitely tier one but I tried sticking to sitcoms. But definitely a goat. Dirty dozens, homie the clown, the movie reviews, the crazy guy Jim Carrey played, all classics.

Hoodoo Child

The Urban Legend
Daps
Reppin
The Crossroads
What are your tiers? Everyone has different opinions. Some shows I liked may be some shows you didn't and vice versa.
Tier 1:
Good Times
Family Matters
The Cosby Show
A Different World (This show was responsible for so many Black college graduates)
Martin
Fresh Prince
Sanford and Sons
The Jeffersons

Tier 2:
Living single
The Parent'Hood
Kenan and Kel
Different Strokes
Boondocks
Wayans Bros
Moesha
That's So Raven
The Parkers
One on One

Tier 3:
The Hughleys
The Steve Harvey Show
Wayans Bros
Girlfriends
The Jamie Foxx Show
Smart guy
Sister sister
The Bernie Mac Show (Good story, Hilarious,plus Wanda :ohlawd: )
All of Us
Girlfriends
Everybody hates Chris

Tier 4:
Malcolm and Eddie (Underrated show btw)
Cousin Skeeter
Hanging with Mr Cooper
In the House (Even LL couldn't save this show)
Homeboys in outer space (Should've never been a TV show)
Cousin Skeeter

Deflatedhoopdreams

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Rucker
That's the greatest sketch comedy show ever. Definitely tier one but I tried sticking to sitcoms. But definitely a goat. Dirty dozens, homie the clown, the movie reviews, the crazy guy Jim Carrey played, all classics.

When I was a kid my dad used to work 3rd shift and he had to leave right before In Living Color came on so we recorded every episode for him every Sunday Night

King Poetic

Sagittarius KingPin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles, California
Even though it was a mix show

New York Undercover for me was a top tier show because it was for the urban crowd. Plus having malik even though he's not with his ex anymore he's in his son life giving him life lesson like a real black man should..

Haven't seen anything tough like that after 98

Larry Lambo

Superstar
Daps
Living Single is overrated. Show was trash, but it had the Martin stimulus package.

A Different World should be Tier 1.

Deflatedhoopdreams

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Rucker
Even though it was a mix show

New York Undercover for me was a top tier show because it was for the urban crowd. Plus having malik even though he's not with his ex anymore he's in his son life giving him life lesson like a real black man should..

Haven't seen anything tough like that after 98

Great show. One of those shows that gets forgotten. Used to watch it every week when it originally aired. Kinda fell off towards the last couple seasons.

I saw a random episode on some random channel like 5 years ago. It came on really late at night.